We were on a VA and Outer Banks road trip and stayed here one night. We were hoping to stay in Corrolla but, the prices for places to stay were outrageous! There was no way I would pay over $200 a night (in mid Sept, I can't imagine the price in the summer) just to sleep in a bed, because honestly that is all we did! I found it to be a quiet hotel and the beds we had were comfy.
The girls at the desk were very nice. I was really impressed with how friendly they were.
I have to agree with the others about the smoking and non-smoking rooms. I almost wonder if they shouldn't have them on separate floors? The thing that sucked is that the smoking rooms were by the elevators so, you had to walk through it to get to a non-smoking room. Yes, you could smell it in the hallway.
As for the complimentary breakfast, it was ok. Nothing exceptional. However, there was one woman working there that had an attitude. It was very obvious. She never smiled and moped around like she would rather be anywhere else. We normally carry our own coffee cups when we travel. So, I went down to fill them up in the morning and she was obviously pissed that I was doing this. What is the difference in my filling my own coffee cup or getting 2 cups of coffee? Who knows but, she didn't seem to like it. We stayed at numerous hotels while on our road trip and no other place minded that we had our own cups.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Kitty Hawk Beach Hotel Kitty Hawk
- Holiday Inn Express Kitty Hawk Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Kitty Hawk
- Kitty Hawk Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Kitty Hawk Beach NC - Outer Banks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on route 158 at mile marker 4 in the historic Outer Banks of North Carolina, the Holiday Inn Express Kitty Hawk Beach is the perfect vacation destination. As an honored guest you will enjoy a unique and relaxing beach environment , complimentary Start Smart Breakfast with 24-hour coffee service and beach access only a short 200 yard walk from our hotel.You will enjoy the areas many recreational activities including sports fishing, golfing and a trip to the North Carolina Aquarium just to name a few. Of Course, a trip to Kitty Hawk would not be complete without a visit to the Wright Brother s memorial the site of The First Flight .Whether you are enjoying a day in the sun, splashing in the surf, taking a refreshing swim in the pool, you can expect comfort, quality and exceptional service from our friendly staff at this perfect beach getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Kitty Hawk Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.