“Good Seafood but they sure pack-em in” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 65 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Buffet
Description: A beach like, tropical restaurant featuring the freshest local and regional seafood. Made from scratch buffet from the salad dressings and soups, all the way to desserts. You will be amazed at the selection and quality from the number one buffet on the Outer Banks since 1999.
kill devil hills, nc
“Good Seafood but they sure pack-em in”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

They offer early bird deals to entice you to eat dinner at 4pm. That increases their through-put. Inadequate parking and waiting lines are most common. The tables are jammed in with little room to move and the noise level is high.

However, the food is very good and kept well stocked. The variety is almost amazing...

But the price mandates that you come ready to eat a lot...and it certainly there for you...

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pipestem, West Virginia
“Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We assumed that since it was a seafood buffet it would be as nice as the others we have been to- WRONG! Where do I start? The building itself is in need of refurbishing but we took a chance. We should have walked out the door when the smells were less than impressive. We were seated by a hostess who obviously did not want to be there; then we waited and waited and waited until I finally walked back to the hostess to ask if we were to help ourselves. We finally got a waiter. The food.....we have eaten better seafood at fast-food seafood restaurants such as Long John Silvers and that is a place that we avoid. The place was border-line nasty as was the wait staff. We were very hungry and had traveled for hours, decided we would stop here on our way to our destination, so we did eat but not much. Honestly, the best item on the buffet was broccoli casserole. Most of the food, we would not even touch. Do yourself a favor and save yourself the cost of a rather expensive meal and DO NOT GO HERE! We should have read the reviews. My husband and I will never return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
State College, Pennsylvania
“This place has everything, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This restaurant has just about any kind of seafood you could think of. It's definitely quantity over quality. It's not formal, more of a come-as-you-are kind of place. But it was very crowded and very loud. It was also very expensive, because of the all you could eat buffet. I kind of felt like I was at a frat house party -- couldn't relax, couldn't hear, and I only started to unwind when we left. There's got to be other places better than this if you're interested in seafood. . .

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“smells”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The smell around the restaurant was horrific...I asked the others with me if they really thought this was the place to eat...we stayed never the less. I was right on my first impression...food did not taste fresh at all,,,very disappointed...will never go back to that stinky place..

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
obxcalade, Owner at Jimmy's Seafood Buffet, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Wow!! Usually my guest tell me the delicious smells were torturing them while they waited. The other night a gentlemen told me jokingly that it is a ploy to keep them waiting=)

Perhaps you parked near the dumpsters? We tie each bag up before we dispose of them and also keep them closed, but I have to admit, the smell of picked through crabs and fish might not be the best. I am sorry that your first impression made the dining experience not very pleasurable for you?
“I'm surprised If I don't get food poisoning.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I went to Jimmy's Seafood Buffet because I had a coupon for a free lobster with the purchase of an adult buffet. I spent my birthday dinner here. We walked in as soon as it opened. Our waitress was annoying and wore skimpy shorts. She gave us her advertising pitch, trying to sell us the lobster buffet. The buffet was lousy looking for paying 30/person. The food was cold. The mashed potatoes tasted like they were reheated 15 times. We actually witnessed people pouring water and creamer into things to freshen it up. I got lobster Mac and cheese and bit into a half dollar sized shell. I told our waitress and she said wow, that's a big shell. No sorry, nothing. My boyfriend got stuffed crab mushrooms that were raw. This was such a waste of money. Spoke to a manager about how awful our experience was. She never apologized. This place is a hole in the wall. I would have gotten more satisfaction with a 20 piece from McDonalds!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
obxcalade, Owner at Jimmy's Seafood Buffet, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I'm sorry you felt like you had a bad experience at Jimmy's. I'm glad you were able to utilize the Free Lobster coupon. We don't offer All you Can Eat Lobster on the night that we offer free lobster so I'm surprised you felt like the waitress was trying to sell that to you. I did come over to apologize for the lobster mac and cheese. We make everything from scratch and pick all of the lobster meat from the claws and tails. What you got, that I was explaining, was the cartilage from the claw which should not have been in there but with any fresh fish or crab it sometimes happens.
Seafood buffets are very expensive to put out especially when everything is fresh and prepped daily. I want everyone to know that one cluster of "our" crab legs weighs at least 8 oz. A pound of crab legs is around $6. Fresh fish is also expensive as is shrimp. We do our very best to keep it at the best price we can without compromising on the quality of product we purchase as many other places do and continue to charge the same price or even more than us.
I understand that $29.99 is a steep price to pay for dinner. If it is not what you want to pay, please, excuse yourself and leave, or order off the menu. I would rather you did that, then eat several plates of food, several helpings of dessert and then ask to speak with the manager when the bill arrives.
My job is to make your dining experience pleasurable and that is what I want most for all of my customers. I walk around every day and talk with as many tables as possible and really enjoy hearing how much they love Jimmy's and plan their vacations around when we are open. It makes it so worth while taking the time and effort of preparing everything and not just buying pre packaged food from the food vendors.
For those of you who want a really delicious, homemade buffet experience and do not mind paying $30 for a seafood buffet, I believe you will think Jimmy's is one of the best buffets you will ever eat at.