“Good food and nice gift shop.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Pelican Seafood Co.

Black Pelican Seafood Co.
3848 Virginia Dare Trail, Kitty Hawk, NC 27949-4278
Ranked #13 of 65 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Hughesville, Maryland, United States
“Good food and nice gift shop.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I ate here on our first night in the Outer Banks. It was a Friday during Lent so we needed to find a nice seafood restaurant. The Black Pelican fit the bill. I started my meal with their house salad which was very fresh and ordered their Chesapeake pizza minus the bacon which was very tasty. My husband got the fried flounder and shrimp, with rice pilaf and broccoli, which he said was great. The portions were so filling that we unfortunately did not have room for desert. We stopped in their gift shop where they had some very unique items.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charlton, MA
“Great selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The restaurant has a tremendous selection fro pizza to grilled tuna. I had the prime rib and it was excellent. My wife had the grilled tuna and said it was one of the best meals she has had. A place we will probably return to before we leave.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Spectacular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My family and I visit this restaurant as often as we can...as we live in New Jersey. The food is phenomenal and we love the whole culinary experience...as well ad the atmosphere. It is a great dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food with beautiful views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Have eaten here business and personal. Food was great. Drinks are priced well. Good service. Can see why it's so popular. Would recommend to anyone.

Visited February 2013
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've dinned here three times and experienced 1 great meal, 1 good meal and 1 below average meal. The mahi was delicious the first visit and very dry the second stop. The almond topping is a great adder. The before dinner bread is a must. Can be quite busy at times so you may be eating late.

Visited November 2012