“Great place to eat and excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
“Great place to eat and excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Checked some of the reviews and chose to drive past two other BBQ places to eat at the High Cotton BBQ. Are we glad we did. The service was top notch. The sweet tea on dead on and the drinks were always refilled. The BBQ was awesome. The ribs were smoked to perfection and were finger licking good. The brisket was superb and tender. The fried chicken was lightly breaded and fried to a golden crisp but was not greasy. My family favorite side was the Mac and cheese. That was some of the best Mac and cheese that I have eaten. The portions were great and had enough for some leftovers. Would absolutely eat here again and recommend High Cotton BBQ.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very good portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We spent 4 days in OBX actually staying right across from High Cotton. At first I was worried being close to the hotel the prices would be higher. But they were average for OBX. BUT the portions were HUGE. My 2 kids meals were enough for an adult and my BBQ chicken sandwich was filling (a little spicy) but very good. My husband had pulled pork and he ate it so fast he didn't share a bit. The staff seemed a little overwhelmed by the number of people I don't know how busy the normally are but it seemed like a normal size lunch rush. Yet they were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. But that didn't effect the service too badly. Also we had several different people waiting our table so that was a little confusing but we were well cared for. Overall GREAT TASTE, large portions and not too expensive.

Greencastle, Indiana
“Great Food and Friendly Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We have been coming here for ten years, staying just down the road, and never tried this place. I am not a big bbq fan but my husband is. I tried the combo platter, $13.99, and chose the fried chicken and smoked chicken with potato salad and baked beans. My husband also had the pick two combo platter and he picked brisket and pulled pork with same two sides. We also got some type of hushpuppies. My husband said the brisket was good but the pulled pork was some of the best he has had. My fried chicken was so good, left me wanting more. I was able to get all dark meat. The chicken was not greasy and not super heavily breaded! The homemade potato salad had chunks of onion and celery in it. I am not a big fan of baked beans but they were so good! Service was friendly and we got our food within just a couple of minutes. We did get there a few minutes before closing so our food wasnt quite as hot as probably is at other times. Some of meats were just barely warm but still good. Definitely a good back to place.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Good Eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great food for low price Will be going back next time we are in town. Serves was fast and very good.

Visited July 2014
Wadsworth, Ohio
“One of the Best Meals I've Ever Had (seriously)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've eaten at a lot of restaurants, both here and abroad, and barbecue is one of my most favorite meals...I have to say that High Cotton was some of the best food that I've ever had. My family and I sampled just about everything - pulled pork, brisket, fried chicken, Brunswick stew, slaw....each one was delicious. Combined with the great service and reasonable prices, this is an absolute must when travelling in the Outer Banks. Exceptionally well done!

• Visited June 2014