“Good food, Great prices” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Herndon
“Good food, Great prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Overall their food was good. I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich with Sides: Macaroni and Cheese and Green Beans. The sandwich was really good, although I'm "backwards" and put the rib BBQ on my sandwich (Not a fan of the Carolina pork BBQ sauce).

My boyfriend got the Beef Brisket which was terrific - I would highly recommend it. Really good prices and super-quick, friendly service!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Annandale, New Jersey
“Great Food, Great Service, Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Impeccable service. Very fast and courteous. The food was very good. I loved it but some in the party did not like it as much - different BBQ strokes I guess. Restaurant was very clean and comfortable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best place to eat in the Outer Banks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is my 3rd year going to the Outer Banks with a large group of friends from high school, and we have tried many of the different establishments on the island - Collington Cafe, Kill Devil Grille, Millers Waterfront, Fish Bones, Awful Arthurs, The Brewing Station, and Fat Crab, to name a few. However, our group of 12-16 people always has the BEST time and the BEST food at High Cotton. The food is just straight up the best BBQ I've ever had. The checkered tablecloths and plastic plates just make it a really laid back, unpretentious place to eat. The service is fantastic - we are typically always seated and waited on by Chad, who from what I understand is the owner or a partial-owner. Even with our large party, seating is never a problem and we get our food super quickly. We always seem to get some sort of "extra" when we're there - the first year I mentioned that I've never had fried okra, and 2 minutes later, Chad brought 3 bowls of okra to the table for us to try/share. They really go above and beyond for us every time that we visit, and we will absolutely be returning every year.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax, VA
“Always delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our trip to the outer banks is not complete without a visit here. Excellent BBQ, side dishes and fried chicken. Each member of our family loves this place. The staff is always friendly and attentive. The pulled pork is delicious, the ribs yummy, and brisket wonderful. They offer fried chicken as well and it is very good. You can dine in or carry out. They offer family/group packages that work well for feeding a lot of hungry members in your party. Items can also be purchased a la cart. We'll be returning again for sure, we always do.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Reston, Virginia
“Good BBQ - get brisket and pulled pork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We recently ordered the #2 from High Cotton. This included: pulled pork, brisket, ribs, and fried chicken. Sides: green beans, hush puppies, cole slaw, and baked beans.

The pulled pork sandwich and sauces were absolutely awesome. The cole slaw was also one of the best that I had had in a long time. The brisket had really good flavor and smoke ring, but we must have had a fatty cut because it had not been trimmed.

Avoid the ribs and hush puppies - both were really dried out.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere