“Great Peach Margaritas...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Peach Margaritas...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food is good here. Typical Mexican fare, but the Jumbo Peach Margaritas are to die for...Average price. I just like to have my ticket show me what I got, and how much, when we ask for separate checks. Not separate it at the register...I like to know what it is, before I go up to pay...

Visited September 2012

Nags Head, North Carolina
“LA FOGATA - Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We've been here multiple times this month. Food is spot on traditional, salsa and chips are amazing and fresh, prices are just right.

They have a large number of chef/lunch/dinner combo's for you to pick from. Last time when we went we just picked random numbers and enjoyed it!

They have tasty margaritas and uber large draft beers - makes the time even better!

Gracias La Fogata!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hunt Valley, Maryland
“Great authentic Mexican restaurant!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I would say the pros would be the food and the service. Anything I have ever had has been great and the waiters I have had whenever I got to La Fogata have always been friendly and always around when you need a refill or have an issue. The downside I would say is more the menu layout than anything else. The menu really only has combinations and nothing is really described as to what is on it or what it is if you don't know what it is. The waiters will try and explain it but usually it turns into more of an adventure of ordering it to see what exactly is. That said I have never had a problem with what I have ordered there and have always enjoyed it. Just know that pretty much everything has some type of meat, cheese, and veggies.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I really didn't care for this place. It looked cute, and I had high hopes, but unfortunately can't recommend it. It was very generic Mexican, nothing that stood out. The salsa and queso wasn't that great. While it was cheap, but my cheese enchiladas looked disgusting and tasted horrible. It was just like they had dumped a container of cheese onto the tortillas and microwaved it. It was overwelmingly salty. I got sick afterwards. Our server also wasn't friendly and didn't know much about the food when you asked any questions.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
McLean, Virginia
“OK Mexican”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

OK Mexican restaurant on the beach (two locations available). I recommend the chile rellenos and fajitas, but we found the tacos and enchiladas very bland. The place was crowded, but we had a short wait on a Monday night. Our server was efficient and attentive, keeping up updated on our meal preparation and keeping the chips and beer refills flowing. A good place for families for lunch and dinner, but lower your expectations about cuisine authenticity!

• Visited August 2012