“Crabs were amazing” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 65 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Bishopville, Maryland
“Crabs were amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We visited the outer banks for first time and since we're from Baltimore we wanted some crabs. This place did not disappoint - heavy and tasty crabs!! Better than anything we've even had locally in Baltimore! The oysters were also very good. Only negative is that I had some trouble placing my order because I was put on hold and then the owner forgot to answer after ten min...I hung up and tried again but line was busy for 30 min because the receiver was still on counter...so I had to drive there to place the order and there was some confusion over the prices because I was quoted everything at a half-bushel or 1/2lb and anyone other seafood place I've gone to gives prices per lb.

Visited July 2013
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
It's wonderful to hear that you loved our crabs so much. I do apologize for the trouble with ordering. As for the pricing, many of our items such as the shrimp we recommend half pound servings and it's priced accordingly. To avoid confusion, the price per pound is simply double that. We can't wait for you to visit the outer banks again!

Raleigh, NC
“great local, no nonsense joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

excellent food & service in this no frills spot. Pull up a stool to the counter and eat great amazing scallops, crab cakes and cheap pbr. Will be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful compliments! Don't forget: PBR and most other domestics are cheapest on Tuesdays and Sundays when we have our beer specials. We can't wait to have you back!
Kinnelon, New Jersey
“Forget all the coupons...come here instead!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and welcome with a "hello" from the young man behind the counter. Sat at one of only two indoor tables but plenty of stools to sit at counters...the place is not big. But what it lacks in size and "glitz" or a stupid caricature it makes up in service, fair price and food. Cora, our server, was great as she really seemed to enjoy being there. Our group of six ordered a variety of items...she-crab soup, hush puppies, dungenous crab, flounder sandwich and crab cakes. Overall the food was delicious and fresh. One crab was a little mealy but unfortunately the person did not mention because I'm guessing they would have brought out another. I would highly recommend over the many tourist traps on this busy highway.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
What a treat to have Cora as your server! She will be thrilled that you enjoyed her service. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor about how much you enjoyed our food and value as well.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We went for lunch here yesterday and had one of the best seafood meals in a long time. My son loved the steamed snow crab legs and I loved the She Crab Soup and Crab Cakes. YUM!!! My husband had the fish platter that he said was "fine" but I think it was only because our meals were out of the world amazing! :) We also had hushpuppies and fried shrimp! Seriously, everything was awesome, the service was outstanding! I wish I could go back! It is a hole in the wall restaurant and if I didn't look here for the reviews first, I would never have stopped.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Your review is making me hungry! You tried so many things and I'm glad that you enjoyed them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Good Blue Crabs in NC? Who knew.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I learned two important life skills while living in Maryland: how to sail and how to shuck crabs. I got to put the latter skills to use at I Got Your Crabs last week.

If you're looking for a very causal dinner on a piece of brown paper roll with excellent blue crabs and oysters, I Got Your Crabs is the place to go at the Outer Banks. They were as good as any I ever ate in Maryland, and I had previously come to the conclusion that you just can't get good steamed blue crabs in North Carolina.

We had a half dozen steamed crabs, a dozen oysters and a couple of beers for a little over 30 bucks with tip. Best deal at the beach.

I hadn't had a mess of steamed crabs in soooo long. Man, what a treat!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the compliments on our blue crabs. We put a lot of work into them as the owner catches them locally. He will be thrilled that you loved them as much as Maryland blues. We'd love to have you back anytime. Stop in next time you're in town.