“Awesome place to EAT” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 61 restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
“Awesome place to EAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is nothing fancy just good [--] seafood! I'm a fat kid and this place is greeeeeat! Don't let the "different" seating and size fool you. Give this place a shot and you won't be let down. She Crab soup is amazing! I had 2 bowls. Crab cakes are top notch also!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
We're flattered by your compliments! We're so glad you enjoyed the crab cakes and she crab soup. Stop in soon to try the blue crabs.

93% Recommend
oceanpearl
“Phenomenal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The fabulous crabs are caught right in the Currituck Sound by the owner and shelled for you at the bar!! All the deliciousness without the work, perfect!!! Their She Crab soup is my favorite and in the winter they have oysters! YUM!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. We're flattered to know that our she crab soup is your favorite! You should try our oyster stew next time you're dine in with us. It's delicious!
OBX
“A Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We ate at I Got Your Crabs Tonight and had a wonderful experience. You can not beat the prices or service. Our oysters were steamed just right. It will be our new once a week out to eat spot on the beach. Thank You for since a wonderful casual dining experience!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We're so flattered! We offer those yummy oysters light, medium, or well done so they come out just how you like them each time. See you next week!
Alexandria, Virginia
“Friends (at I Got Your Crabs) don't let other friends (you!) eat imported shrimp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Another restaurant owner in the area highly recommended this place to us, which speaks volumes since there are many, many seafood eateries here.

In the four years we've been coming to the area we've learned not all seafood served on the Outer Banks is created equally. A lot of the seafood caught here is purchased by fancy New York or Tokyo restaurants at top dollar. In fact, it is more expensive for restaurants to buy local seafood than ship it in from Thailand, etc. When you are eating on the OBX be sure to look for the "Outer Banks Catch" icon on the menu/front of the restaurant.

What makes this restaurant so special - apart from the excellent prices - is that the place is family-run by people who care about the origin of their seafood. Family members take part in all aspects of the business. Some are the crabbers out on the Currituck Sound daily to catch the seafood. Others are behind the scenes steaming shrimp or out front waiting on customers sitting at the bar or booths.

Besides this being a "farm-to-fork" type of restaurant, the food itself is amazing. My husband and I had 1/2 of steamed shrimp each plus sides - coleslaw (homemade), corn, and potatoes - and cold beer (in a can). From the first bite you just know it is local. It tastes nothing like the imported shrimp frozen at the grocery store. The total bill was about $32.00 with tip.

I Got Your Crabs opened its doors last July and has already earned its bragging rights as one of the best seafood spots on the Outer Banks in my opinion. The restaurant is open year round. I'd highly recommend getting to this restaurant while you can. If you want to sit down, I'd recommend visiting during the off-season. If you are in Kitty Hawk during the peak season, you may want to get your seafood to go. This place is going to be packed once word gets out.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
It's good to know that others appreciate our efforts to keep our seafood local. Thank you so much for such a great review. Your pictures are fantastic and we hope to see you again soon!
Floyd, Virginia, United States
“Fantastic family-run restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

this restaurant is a must for any person coming to the outer banks. their oysters and crabs are local and delicious. the she-crab soup is fantastic, creamy and overall a great price. the attendants were extremely friendly and understanding, and the only complaint i could pull out of anywhere is that all of their food was served on disposable plates and with plastic spoons and knives. that was a little tacky, but i could tell it was because they dedicated all of their workers to their fantastic kitchen. great restaurant, i will definitely be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We're so glad that you enjoyed the soup and seafood! We keep it casual and fun because crabs and oysters are messy. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Come again soon.