“So glad we came back to this little gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Haven

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kitty Hawk
Beach Haven
You added Beach Haven to your Saves list
4104 Virginia Dare Trail, Kitty Hawk, NC 27949   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kitty Hawk
Parma, Ohio
“So glad we came back to this little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

It's been 9 years since I traveled back down to the Outer Banks and the Beach Haven is where I stayed 9 years ago in a little room by myself. It was a perfect place for rest and relaxation. Joe
was such a sweet man and wonderful host. I'm sorry to hear that he passed away. This time I
traveled with my 9 year old grandson. I was going to go alone again to see the ocean, but he
wanted to go with me this time. The Beach Haven is still a beautiful place. The grounds are immaculate and so well taken care of. I had the same room I had the last time I was there and
it was so tastefully redecorated and agaIn so clean. My grandson loved this place as much as
I did. Raina, the manager at the Beach Haven, is so nice and friendly and made us feel so welcome. We can hardly wait to go back there again and recommend this place for anyone
that wants a peaceful and quiet place to enjoy the sun and the beautiful ocean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Came down from Ohio for our 1st wedding anniversary. It was a great experience. The location is very central to plenty of good dining. The owner is very courteous and willing to help in any way she can. A great motel.... Tropical storm Andrea put a damper on things weather wise but it was still a great trip.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Beach Haven stands out as a simple yet classy place to stay in the midst of some more run down vacation rentals. No frills, but clean, comfortable, and on the beach! Feels like a return to simplicity, which we loved! If you want more resort-style accommodations, maybe look for something in Duck, rather than Kitty Hawk. But if you want to relax on the beach, I can't imagine a better spot!

• Stayed June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Was looking for a nice place in KH that was close to the beach, close to the Wright Brothers Memorial (a treat for my dad), and did not allow pets (allergies). Beach Haven came up #1 on Trip Advisor, and with good reason. What a wonderful place! In an area that can feel crowded with houses, Beach Haven really is an oasis that feels tucked away, yet sits on the main beach road, with unobstructed access to the beach. Gorgeous grounds and rooms. Immaculately clean. Quiet. Affordable. Wonderful service--Can't say enough good things about Raina, the manager--She was so friendly, helpful, genuine, and incredibly nice. Made sure our vacation was just right. Showed us around the grounds, made us feel at home, was available if we needed anything. Her recommendations for local eateries was right on.

The rooms are very clean and have all you could want, including microwave, fridge, coffee (and fixins), coffee pot and mugs, dishes and silverware, as well as dish soap and cloths for cleaning up--they have thought of everything! They also offer many beach-related items for rent at really reasonable prices; chairs, towels, toys and games--next time I won't pack our stuff, I'll rent theirs! Sorry to have to leave, and already looking forward to our next trip. I hope to become a "regular" at Beach Haven. :)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7 and 7b, which was perfect for folks traveling who want separate bedrooms (includ...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Searsport, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We've been staying in Marriotts & Hyatts, so we were "chancing it" by making reservations here. What a pleasant surprise! Our room was updated, spacious & super-clean. The furniture all looked brand new & is a great coastal style. How many hotel/motel rooms have comfortable pull-out sofas? Most of the time you can't sit on them very long. The Marriott, Hyatt & Hilton Corps. should take note! The owners of this small, perfect establishment could teach them a thing or 2! Did I mention the luxurious bath towels & bedding? We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This motel could not have been better. A fence along the highway gives it a secluded feeling; you drive past rental after rental with brown sand yards and scruffy weeds, but after turning into the Beach Haven driveway, you find a perfectly manicured green lawn and a deck overlooking the ocean set in an ornamental garden.

The Beach Haven has only 6 units, so I was fortunate to get one with no reservations (which would be essential on weekends or in high season). It is the most peaceful motel I've ever stayed in.

My efficiency was large, with a couch, bed, easy chair, and kitchen area (complete with fridge, coffee maker, and microwave). Coffee, tea, dishes, and dishwasher liquid were provided as well as plenty of clean towels. Everything was squeaky clean and looked new. Two plastic chairs and a table sat beside the outside door.

The manager could not have been more helpful, going out of her way to provide brochures, recommendations, and advice on activities for the OBX. Rainy and Karen deserve all of the positive comments they have received in previous reviews. Rainy is available by phone 24/7; anyone who wants a clerk at the desk around the clock should choose the Holiday Inn.

Beach Haven could just as well be called Beach Heaven. It's easy to see why it's ranked #1 for KDH; it wouldn't be surprising if it were rated #1 for the whole OBX.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Motel was very clean, we were in Room 4 one of the Deluxe rooms and it was quite nice. Chairs outside the room with a little table. Right across the street from the beach. Uncrowded location with just local beach houses and nearly deserted beach. Perfect for relaxing, reasonably priced, she does get cancellations so even if the Outer Banks are filling up, give her a call--it's worth it! I can see why she has regulars, we'll definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4.0 of 5 stars 545 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Kitty Hawk Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks/ Corolla
Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks
Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel...
#6 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 737 reviews
Outer Banks Inn
Outer Banks Inn
#11 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 218 reviews

Been to Beach Haven? Share your experiences!