“Friendly and Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 20 things to do in Kitty Hawk
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Semi-private golf club in Kitty Hawk.
Chesapeake, Virginia
11 attraction reviews
“Friendly and Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

It's been almost 35 years since I last played here. The course has matured nicely and is a great golf course in my humble opinion. The poa ana has started to appear on a few of the greens and on some of the Bermuda fairways, but overall it was in excellent shape for the first week of May. The staff and club members were super nice and made us feel welcome.....not like we were invading their private space. Pro shop was great, as well as the grill where we had a beer and sandwich after our round. Osprey nest on the first tee box with a pair of ospreys in it, with frogs and turtles galore.....they ended up being our cheering gallery on many holes ;-) Even saw a nutria wandering around.....felt like Bill Murray needed to be there to rid the course of the varmint like in Caddy Shack!!!!

We played behind two groups of older club members that were walking. We were just a twosome with a cart. No one was behind us, and it was one of the most enjoyable round of golf I have played in a long time. The pace was perfect, and we didn't feel delayed or rushed. Had plenty of time to fill in divots, rake sand traps, clean clubs, and repair ball marks on the greens. Wish I would have played better, but that's another story all together.....can't wait to go back!!!!

Visited May 2014

Southern Shores, North Carolina, United States
“Excellent course, sincere hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The course was very well kept from tee to green. A good mix of features and also enjoyed the design.I was especially impressed with the smiling helpful staff.Pro shop,cart gentlemen, beverage cart young lady, driving range gentlemen, starter and groundskeeper Nice Job everyone!

Visited July 2013
Burtonsville, Maryland, United States
23 attraction reviews
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

GOLF! We were lucky to get a twilight 18 holes in at Duck Woods. Well maintained, beautiful, challenging, and fun. We had two foursomes and we all agreed - we'll be back next year! The clubhouse is very nice, pro shop fully stocked and helpful. If we lived there we would join in a heartbeat!

Visited July 2013
Virginia
“RudaJane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Played 18 holes of golf at Duck Woods today. Only lost two balls and we couldn't had better weather. The pro shop was friendly and helpful and we enjoyed the course.

Visited April 2013
Howell, NJ
6 attraction reviews
“A great round of golf...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've been coming to OBX for 10 years but this is my first year as a golfer, having just taken up the sport last year. I heard great things about Duck Woods from golfer buddies and this place lived up to the expectations. I thoroughly regret not taking advantage of the practice facilities included with the round, as I started off horribly. I started playing well after 4 holes and I really enjoyed the course, which was in excellent shape. Can't wait to come back and play it again...

Visited August 2012