“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kinston
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I love my job!! It affords me the opportunity to return to hotels I love. It is such a pleasure coming back to this establishment and seeing familiar faces. The fact that there is little turn over just proves the dedication of the hotel staff committed to making sure all guests are happy with their stay. There is ample parking, a short hop from the parking lot to the check in desk, and lots of luggage carts to help get your luggage to your room. At other hotels I’ve stayed at, I had to search for a luggage cart. The temperature was set so my room was already at a comfortable setting when I arrived. It is cold outside, but my room is warm and comfortable. I arrived at night, but the room was lit when entered so I didn’t have to hunt for switches. I’m looking forward to a great hot breakfast selection that I tend to over eat at. I love sinking into the bed (ultra comfortable) and watching tv on the big flat screen. The Internet connection is awesome. How else would I be able to type this review. My suggestion, stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Kinston. This is my 5th year and it just keeps getting better and better.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
KinstonExpress, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kinston, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Rbulldog,

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased to know that we've been your Hotel of choice whenever you're in town on business. We are glad to know that the easy to access luggage carts, caribg staff, comfortable room and bedding, and reliable internet access all made your stay exceptional.We welcome you to come back and stay again soon. Lastly let us say that we love your job too because it enables us to serve you once again, and each time we do is truly a pleasure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel for a softball tournament. The fields are close to this hotel, which made it very convenient. The room was very nice and spacious, since we stayed in a suite. The bed was very comfortable and we slept great. They had a delicious continental breakfast in the morning and soft warm chocolate chip cookies in the evening. The kids thought these treats were great! They even allowed us to check in early (6 hours), since our softball games were delayed due to rain. That was Awesome!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear KitKat2066,

Sorry your game was delayed due to rain; however your beautiful review was right on time and brought much sunshine and joy to our hearts. Guest satisfaction like yours is indeed why we do what we do. Glad to know the bedding collection was sufficient in providing you with much rest and relaxation, and that the guestroom gave you enough space so that you could stretch out and move comfortably. As you awoke the next morning, we are honored to have taken part in the start of your day when you enjoyed a hot healthy breakfast at the Smart Start Breakfast bar. As you retired from your day, glad you were able to relax with one of our warm moist cookies. Those things along with the early checkin when you arrived was no problem at all. We do it to make you smile.
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

If you plan to come to this hotel, plan on a few extra minutes to figure out how to get there even if you can see it--especially at night. It is the most confusing hotel entrance I have ever experienced. You can't go from 70 to Hill Farm Road and get in with out a U turn in the cemetery and you can't turn in from 70 heading east. Once you get in there is a strange jog through the Golden Corral parking lot.

Once you find it, it isn't too bad. Relatively new but with a variably helpful staff. Some are very good, some not so much. I haven't been to the Hampton Inn since the renovation but it is probably the best of lots of really bad choices in Kinston.

It really is pretty pricey for what you get though.

Room Tip: There is an entrance on the north end, but no parking there, so try to get a room in the middle or s...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kinston, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear tatworthington,

Thank you for your detailed review. We certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced trying to find the hotel.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments.

We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Due to frequent business in the area over the last several years, I have been a guest at this hotel numerous times. Initiatially, I was impressed with the amenities, the service, and the physical condition of the hotel. It is also very convenient to shopping and restaurants in the area. However, I was extremely disappointed during my last stay (9/18). HUGE waterbugs/roaches in the bathroom, terrible service at the front desk and overall a very unpleasant experience. In the future, I will stay just a few miles down the street at their competitor, The Hamption Inn, which has much better service, has been beautifully renovated and is CLEAN! Will miss the nice lady in the breakfast room!

Room Tip: Make sure to request a non-smoking room in advance (even if it's in your Rewards profile), becau...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear TravelDiva411,

Thank you for the time you took to leave us your comments and concerns. Thank you for your many visits to our Hotel on occassions past. We are glad you were pleased with the room amenities, service provided to you by the staff, and the appearence and condition of both the guestroom and hotel interior and exterior. We are also happy to know that the location of some shopping establishments as well as the neighboring resturants for dining did not require you to travel very far. However on your last stay with us, we are very sorry to learn of the displeasure you experienced. Since reading your review, each guestroom has been inspected to make sure that no insects of any kind are present. Our sevice team has been notified so that they understand that rudness is not tolerated at this Hotel. We are sorry to had lost you to the Hampton Inn, and we would like to invite you back. We vow that next time will be different.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I love staying at this hotel when passing through Kinston, but this past stay was SPECTACULAR!! The entire hotel has been upgraded. Getting into the room was far easier with the new pass key. The toiletries are from Bed & Bath where I shop normally, the wide screen tv was a blast to watch as I sank into a very cushy and comfortable bed. My work stay turned into a vacation stay. I still have a complaint. It is very difficult to get out of bed in the morning. It’s tooooooooo comfortable. Great folks, great breakfasts, great stay.

Room Tip: Any floor is great. The walls are thick so I don’t hear noise from the next room or footsteps above...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
"WOW" is truly what we want you to say each and every time you leave from your stay with us. Thank you for the outstanding review and for your continued loyalty to our Hotel and brand name. We are pleased to know that the renolvations are to your liking. Also we are glad to know you're enjoying the new bathroom line, as well as the wide-screen television. As we understand that convenience is the key, we're glad that you found our new key lock system to be helpful when accessing the room. Glad we could accomodate you and transistion your business trip to a more leisure type experience. Lastly, we'll do our best and make the bed a little less comfortable so you can get out of it!!
stamford, ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. We arrived at night and the road in is slightly confusing but once found we had a good night's sleep and were refreshed for our travels. Staff was very nice, breakfast room was very nice with their hot cinnamon buns.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Once again, I returned to this hotel while in town on business. I laughed when I read some of the "bad reviews". I've been staying at this hotel in Kinston for 6 years while traveling through this area, and never, and I repeat never have I had a bad stay nor have I experienced any of the obnoxious complaints of others that I read.

First, the rooms and bathrooms are clean with no odor
Next, the beds and pillows are VERY COMFORTABLE
The rooms are quiet with thick enough walls to block sounds from rooms on either side
The staff is very warm and friendly
The prices are comfortable
The breakfast food is great with a wide selection to choose from!!

With all of the above, how can one complain?
I recommend this hotel, always!

Room Tip: top floor, corner room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kinston? Share your experiences!