My family of five (children ages, 7, 5 and 2) stayed at the Colony IV during the week of June 8th through June 16, 2007. We initially booked the efficiency but when we checked-in we quickly determined that the room felt too small (with the view of an outside wall). The front-desk staff was very accommodating in relocating us to room 233 in the tower building (with a partial ocean view). As other reviews have stated, the room was very clean and staff were quite friendly. My biggest complaint would be that the walls are really paper thin. You can easily hear conversations going on in other rooms as if they were in your room. I ran the fan most of the time and this seemed to help muffle the sounds. The breakffast was also nothing to write home about. It's what you may expect from a continential breakfast (all the tables were uneven so watch your coffee!). Overall, the motel met our basic needs. If you want a middle of the road motel that's clean, then this is a great place to stay. The kids loved the heated pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator, microwave, in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Shutters on the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills