This was our first time staying at this hotel, though we are frequent visitors of OBX. Found it through TripAdvisor and the reviews were good, so we thought "why not?" However, after having a very unpleasant experience at a hotel in VA Beach a few weeks earlier, we did have our guard up.
The room wasn't quite ready when we arrived (a little earlier than expected) but we were given the passcode to the pool and directions to the gazebo. We opted for the gazebo and it was wonderful. Ran into an old high school friend and met new friends all in the hour while waiting.
The check in experience was great, as was every experience we had with the hotel staff. We did have some issues with our room; the tub didn't drain properly, shower rack was broken and our phone didn't work. We notified the front desk of these issues and they wanted to send someone to fix them that night but since it was after hours and it wasn't something major, we didn't want to drag someone away from their family for something that could wait until the next day. Everything was promptly fixed the next day!
The room was very clean, the staff was very friendly and the location is excellent. I absolutely fell in love with this quaint little hotel! I will definitely recommend it to anyone one who's looking to visit OBX and we will be returning!!! Thank you to the management and staff for taking pride in your hotel. It shows!
PS: The bed was AHHHHMAZING ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator, microwave, in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Shutters on the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills