My family stayed here for four nights in July 2014. The Kill Devil Hills location makes all OBX attractions easily accessible. We traveled north to view the wild horses and climb the Currituck lighthouse and south all the way to Ocracoke. The room is small but adequate. The hotel is beach-side, with no streets to cross. Rooms include a free breakfast and free wi-fi. Staff at the front desk were welcoming and willing to answer questions about area restaurants and attractions. The only drawback to the room was the constant dampness in the room. Although we hung our swimsuits and towels, they never fully dried. Perhaps the proximity of the beach contributes to the high humidity. In that case, I would say the location of the hotel is worth the trade off!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator, microwave, in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Shutters on the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills