awesome! we had a great stay at the colony iv. we ended up making great time getting down to the beach and we got to the hotel a little early. they allowed us to check in then, which was really nice. the lobby was really cute, and the people at the desk were very friendly and helpful. the room was very clean and very large! we stayed in the tower on the 3rd floor, which is one of the only places that gets a true ocean view. we had a private balcony with some chairs on it, which offered a very nice view of the ocean. when we got into the room we noticed our toilet didn't flush so we went down to the office to let them know on our way to dinner. when we got back a maintenance man had already been in, but we still couldn't flush the toilet, after a minute of fiddling with it i realized that there was nothing wrong with it in the first place you just have to push on the handle REALLY hard because its one of those high pressure toilets. so keep that in mind. we will definitely be returning, only next time i think we may downgrade our room, because while the view was nice we really didn't go out on the balcony much because they also have a gazebo that is steps from the hotel that is really nice. we also had a little too much room in the room, too much for 2 people at least. also just to note, our room had a nice sized mini fridge, a coffee maker and a microwave, they kept the room stocked with coffee, cups, and lots of towels. the hotel also has a nice outdoor and indoor pool with hot tub, and a small gym. I've been going to kill devil hills for years with my family and this was the first time going on my own, and definitely the nicest stay I've had!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator, microwave, in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Shutters on the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills