We were on a two week motorcycle trip with another couple and stayed at the Colony IV for a few nights. Since it was pretty reasonable for a resort being on the water we were concerned. So it was a pleasant surprise! Rooms have been updated a bit and are quite nice- though not top-end. Because we added on one night we actually stayed in both the ' motel' and the 'tower' and found both acceptable. The new lobby and breakfast area are very nice. What really makes it is the wonderful staff, great location and extras. It offers both an indoor and outdoor pool plus the nice walkway to the gazebo overlooking the ocean. Many were taking advantage of the private beach. We would not hesitate to return. Of note - wonderful restaurant within blocks is called JK!! We are from Chicago and travel extensively and this was gourmet dining and not overpriced. The one right across the street called Port O'Call has a great decor but the food not so much. There are many other options for eating in the area but just had to mention JK! Also very close to the Wright Memorial and that is a definite stop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator, microwave, in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Shutters on the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills