The location is great, literally steps away from the beach. However, overall, it was overpriced for what you get. Initially they charged me $100 more for the stay than the rate I had booked, which they corrected once i complained the following day. The rooms were basic motel quality. Mine was more or less clean but I saw staff out with bug spray for lower level rooms, which seems like a frequent complaint. Probably advisable to spring for an ocean view room if you're thinking of staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator, microwave, in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Shutters on the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills