Stayed overnight here for the first time on 6/04. Lobby and meeting areas were nicely appointed. Room smelled musty from AC unit. Lighting in vanity area was very poor. Woke up the following morning to "red neck" idiots in the next room who continually slammed the door against the security lock. Two teen age boys running in and out of room while the mother stood on the porch outside our door and talked on the cell phone. IGNORANT,, IGNORANT, IGNORANT! Based upon the "value" of the rooms here, this is the type of clientel that will frequent this establishment. Should have known better, but it was recommended to us. The hotel is not to blame for this type of activity, however, that being said, folks with kids will seek out these deals and cause everyone around them great frustration in the process. Beware of lodging under $110./night on the OBX. You may have to spend $200-250. to enjoy a little peace and tranquility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator, microwave, in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Shutters on the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills