Booked this hotel for a last minute 4th of July getaway. It was nearly full & the only way we could get a room for 4 nights was to split it between 2 different rooms. The staff was very helpful making the arrangements.
Hotel was decent, rooms were clean & had the usual furnishings. It is located on the beach, with direct access,which is what we came for. The pools (2, one indoor + indoor hot tub) were heated & nice & were a big hit with grandkids. Our only complaint was breakfast. Not the food, but so crowded we couldn't get near it or even get a cup of coffee. We understand it was a holiday weekend & the place was packed, but if you're going to offer breakfast, you should be able to accommodate ALL of the guests. Otherwise decent hotel for a decent price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator, microwave, in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Shutters on the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills