“Good food and fun!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bob's Grill

Bob's Grill
1219 South Croatan Highway, Milepost 9 On the Bypass, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
252-441-0707
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
“Good food and fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We wanted to try something locally owned, so we headed to Bob's Grill. Really goos service and a nice variety of food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

NJ
“Great breakfast, marketed well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Found some good reviews for Bob's Grill for breakfast so gave it a try. The slogan "eat and then get the hell out" gave us a good chuckle.

I give Bob, I assume there's a Bob, credit for taking a store with little appeal and making it more appealing and marketing it so well. I enjoyed how they covered many of the white commercial ceiling tiles with t-shirts from local businesses, bands, etc. The wait staff was so very friendly.

I had a breakfast wrap and it was one of the best I ever had. Eggs, bacon, salsa, and 3 cheeses - although I modified and had them remove the cheddar, but leave in the american and monterey jack! Home fries were good but a bit soggy - needed to be crisped up some. Coffee was good. The other meals of chocolate chip pancakes and some other breakfast staples were very good as well.

The souvenirs were funny, but the thong with their slogan on it at the front counter for my children to see was certainly not needed.

I would recommend for a good breakfast.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Albans, West Virginia
“Had high expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We only ate there once and that was for breakfast. The atmosphere was great, the service was very good and the prices were reasonable. The only negative was the food was greasy,(we both had ordered omelets) which really caught us by surprise. We had heard nothing but good things about this place. We had stopped by there for our evening meal the night before at @ 9:15 pm but were informed they closed at 9:00. Our greeter that evening was courteous and we could smell the good food or so we thought. So overall we were disappointed, but I think we would try it again the next time we are down there. My wife and I LOVED the way they had it decorated, surfboards hanging everywhere and a lot of the ceiling tiles covered with "T" shirts from all over the country.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
VA
“Eat and Get the Hell Out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Well I think Bob's is a bit over rated since we have last eaten there last year. My husband's steak and cheese was very sloppy in the take out box. He couldn't even pick it up. Bob's was better in the old location where Five Guys is now.

Visited October 2011
New Egypt, New Jersey
“Good Southern Breakfast & Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family stopped at Bob's for a quick breakfast on our way out of town. It was immediately apparent that this is a place where everyone really hustles. We were seated and greeted quickly, but with friendly smiles, and never did WE feel rushed. Our food was ready in minutes and it was all quite good - fluffy pancakes, biscuits and scrambled eggs, delectable hickory smoked bacon, and perfectly cooked grits. I am trying to watch my carbs, but I failed miserably when I saw their home fries, hand cut and with a great brown crust. (My mouth is still watering thinking about those taters!!) It's not a fancy place, but interesting, with a big open kitchen, tee shirt-covered ceiling tiles, and lots of charming signs. The hostess, waitress, busboy and cashier were all polite, smiling and very pleasant. We were in and out within a half hour, feeling full and very satisfied.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere