“a lovely Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colington Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kill Devil Hills
Colington Creek Inn
You added Colington Creek Inn to your Saves list
1293 Colington Road, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948   |
pittsburgh
“a lovely Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

We really loved the Colington Creek Inn. Mae and Bob were
excellent hosts. The Inn sits on the Colington Creek and affords lovely water views. The boat ride, the snack baskets in the rooms,
the nightly dessert that is set out when you return from dinner, and the wine and cheese before the boat ride make this a very nice place to stay. The Inn is tastefully decorated and the beds were so comfortable.
Mae will suggest restaurants or help with any questions you might have. We liked the location which was about a mile from the beach and activities but was away from congestion. We hope to return next year.

• Liked — the southern hospitality
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

What an absolutely wonderful way to enjoy the beautiful Outer Banks! We adored this lovely inn and the very gracious hosts. From the minute we got there we were graciously greeted by Mae and shown around this pretty home.

Mae quickly offered us some afternoon snacks and then let us settle into our beautiful, immaculate room. We have stayed in many, many bed and breakfasts and this had to be the cleanest we've ever been in. The home was furnished so tastefully and we immediately felt at home.

When we arrived back from dinner we were most happy to find some after dinner snacks waiting for us in the room.

How nice it was to enjoy their pool and relax in the comfy lounge chairs. We both slept really well on one of the best and most comfortable beds I've even been on.

Breakfast was served very nicely in the upstairs back enclosed porch decorated with blue and white wicker furniture.

Mae and Bob were both very friendly and were there to answer any questions we had or to make suggestions for a lovely place for dinner.

We would surely stay here again when we come back this way.

• Liked — Beautiful home, gracious hosts, great location
  • Disliked — Nothing....
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

I wanted to suprise my husband with a romantic get away for our first anniversary. Kill Devil Hills, NC (outer banks) seemed like the perfect place. I looked online and found Colington Creek Inn. It looked wonderful online, so I called. The Inn Keeper, Mrs. Lunden answered. She was so endearing and friendly on the phone. I knew it would be wonderful. When my husband and I arrived, Mrs. Lunden greeted us at the door. The Bed and Breakfast was beautiful, new and updated, but it still has a southern home feel to it. The water view from the back porch is wonderful. Mrs. Lunden made sure she had jazz music playing throughout as it was our favorite. There was a great attention to detail. I have never stayed at a 4 or 5 star hotel that was as clean as Colington Creek. Mrs. Lunden delivered all the amenities promised. She even offered to drive us back from our night out if we drank too much! I am a Travel Agent as is my husband. We are very critical. I have never been more satisfied with accomodations and service as I was with Colington. I recommend it to all couples for a relaxing romantic get away. We will definately return for another stay!

Stayed March 2008
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

We made a last minute decision to go to the Outerbanks in June, and lucked into finding an open room at this great bed and breakfast. We stayed 2 nights. Our room was great, bright, sunny and cheery. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the bed was better than a lot of the new hotel beds (like the hilton heavenly bed) We had our own full bathroom. The house is recently remodeled, so everything is new, clean and in great condition. There is a large dining room, but we preferred to eat outside, on one of the 2 large porches on either side of the house, over looking the water. Breakfast each morning was simple but very good, waffles one morning and french toast the other. They are just down the road from the beach, and very close to the Wright memorial, you can bike or drive to either. Having never been to the Outerbanks before we found this very convenient. The owners are life long residents of the Outerbanks and were helpful in planning what to do and where to eat. They run a boat ride for guests, most nights in the early evening, but we didn't get back in time to go. They are very sweet people and love what they do. My husband and I travel a lot for work and stay in hotels all the time, so it was nice to stay somewhere much more relaxed and personal. Loved the Colington Creek Inn and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
bost
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2007

The Colington Creek Inn provides their guest with everything you could want. We arrived late on Friday with out any hassle. On Saturday Morning we woke up to a wonderful breakfast. The landscape is great! It is very quiet and private. When we got back from sight seeing, there were Hors d'oeuvres (& champagne since we had just gotten engaged) waiting for us.
The owners made an already unforgettable weekend wonderful!

Been to Colington Creek Inn? Share your experiences!