You added Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks to your Saves list
Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   804 N Virginia Dare Trail, Milepost 8, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
“Bit pricy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The hotel was nice and the pool was decent, however the breakfast needs work, but the staff were so friendly, Diana and Sherie told us about the best attractions and even provided is with bagel bags to put seashells in. ........,............

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

What a great little find if you are used to the laid back OBX! Diana was awesome at check-in and throughout our stay! We arrived a bit early, but she got us right into our room. We were not expecting anything glamorous, but we were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. Pool was awesome, very short walk to the beach, and being very close to our favorite restaurants made our little getaway perfect! Next time, we will bring the dog!

Room Tip: Pool side= sounds of kids playing, Oceanside= views but some traffic.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
nagsheadbeachhotel, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for your kind words and recent stay. It is always our goal to provide guest with a great experience, clean rooms and a knowledgeable staff that is ready to do all we can for you. We are located in a central location, close to all the Outer Banks has to offer, and the Outer Banks has a great variety of restaurant's and things to do. We are Pet Friendly with all pet rooms located on the 1st floor it makes for easy outside access for pets, and for those with allergies keep in mind we do not allow pets above the 1st floor. We hope you will visit again and you can call us direct anytime at 252-441-0411.
Tabitha Filer
Front Desk'
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Upon arrival, I was checked into a room that was already occupied. Did not realize it until I was trying the room key and to my surprise, a man opened the door. Went back to the front desk, got another room, and the receptionist just laughed it off. The new room I was given, the AC didn't work because the filter was so clogged with dirt, and the door handle to the balcony was hanging off. Nobody could apparently tighten a screw or rinse the filter. Tried to just let it go and enjoy my vacation. Until I saw several species of roaches in my room, by the pool, and on my balcony. Caught a roach that was crawling on the counter where food is prepared, took it to the front desk, and demanded to speak with a manager. Requested a refund, and the manager refused. Would not even discount the rate. He said the cancellation policy was 72 hours and if I didn't want to stay there, I would still be charged for the rest of my reserved week. Not only would he not budge, but the price I paid to reserve the room thru expedia was more than what the hotel was charging people walking in off the street. There was definitely some room for at least a discount since I overpaid an average of ten dollars each night. I was given a new room, and it didn't even look like the same hotel. The new room looked renovated, had nicer linens, a nicer tv, new carpet, paint, etc. why was I put in a rundown room the first day? Also, the hotel pool looked beautiful, inviting, and clean. I could not wait to go in it. That was until I saw dogs swimming in it!! Ew! Do not stay in this hotel unless, you want to overpay for a room that hasn't been updated, deep cleaned, or maintained. You will be swimming in dog urine and might get lucky enough to take some roaches home with you. Ironic part is that I never write reviews, but upon checkout, the receptionist who checked me into the occupied room made sure she wrote down the hotel, and insisted I write a review. Bad move Diana.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Marshall, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Great vacation, good hotel that allows pets! Everything is accessible and easy to drive too. The hotel is extremely clean and the pool as well. Diana was great and very hospitable to work with. I enjoyed every minute.

Spotsylvania, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Overall the stay was pretty good. Rooms could of been a little cleaner and they could of provided more towels but overall It was a nice stay. We had easy access to the beach and the pool was nice for the kids.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay. It is our goal to provide you with the best possible stay and a clean and comfortable room. We do encourage our guest at check in to let us know if there is any issues, 'such as ..cleanliness, we would of been most happy to have gone to your room and cleaned it and remedy that issue. We are sorry you had that problem but we do strive to be sure your room is as clean as possible. In regards to the towels, the room does provide towels enough for occupancy, so if it is ex. a 2 bed, room there is four towels , washcloths ect.. Also you can always call us at front desk and we are always happy to provide you with more towels. Please feel free to contact us directly anytime at 252-441-0411. We hope to see you again.
Tabitha Filer
Front Desk'
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Friendly staff but the rooms I think are overpriced for what you get. I think the rooms and the breakfast are need more TLC. I had a great vacation in the outer banks but I will choose different hotel next time.:)

williamsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were very impressed with how clean the hotel and pool were. On the rainy day we were able to have passes to the local YMCA. Scott was very helpful at check in. Three employees went above and beyond. I left my jewlery my husband got me for our first Xmas. I called Diana and Crystal and Salamander already cleaned the room but they went to the dumpster and found my heart necklace and earrings! They are mailing my jewlery back to me. The travelodge team obviously has a place in my heart. We felt it was a good value. Now we know they have a great team.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#5 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
#11 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 219 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Kitty Hawk Beach
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#7 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 812 reviews
Nags Head Inn
Nags Head Inn
#5 of 13 in Nags Head
4.0 of 5 stars 318 reviews

Been to Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks? Share your experiences!