“Close to the fantastic beach - friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks

You added Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks to your Saves list
Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   804 N Virginia Dare Trail, Milepost 8, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Gretna
“Close to the fantastic beach - friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located right at the beach. Breakfast was included in the price. The hotel has a small but nice pool.
Diana was very friendly and helpful. She gave us good information about restaurants and things to do.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel is nice and all but they have an employee that makes me want to go there every time. Her name is Diana and she goes above and beyond the call of duty. I even saw this with other guest when I was in the lobby! Thanks Diana you are wonderful see you again in 2 weeks!!!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and get ocean view it's beautiful!
Burke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Excellent front desk staff - particularly Diana who was very helpful. My wife and I spent one night on a busy weekend and the room was ready, very clean and most convenient to our rental property one mile away. The breakfast was very good with the exception they did not have skim milk for cereals and no bananas. Other then that, very convenient. Only issue with room was clock/radio that was out of order (we didn't ask for a replacement) and in-room safe didn't work properly. If all that was in order, I would rate the hotel 4+stars.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Upon our arrival we were given a room directly across from the elevator and unfortunately, a couple of other guests thought it acceptable to hold a loud conversation in front of the elevator before they went up to their room at 3:30am! There were also a couple of other minor issues with the room. My husband hardly sleep that first night. I approached Diana the following morning to ask if there was any possibility we could change rooms. She not only upgraded our room, she also moved us to a quieter location. She truly cared about us and made it her mission to make sure we had an enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Avoid room #110 if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephens City, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My wife and I just got back from a short three day visit to the Outer Banks. We chose the Travelodge based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor and the price. Overall it was a good hotel. I provide 4 star ratings for excellent hotels and 5 star for exceptional. This was a good hotel. The staff were very friendly. The room itself was average. Both my wife and I found the mattresses to be very soft. While preparing for checkout, we were looking for an item my wife could not initially find. We opened the doors to the cupboard above the microwave and found two bottles of soda and an opened bag of chips that had been left by a previous guest. Not the best example of room cleaning by the staff.

The deluxe continental breakfast was adequate at best. Breakfast pastry and one or two chilled items that had to be heated in the microwave. After the first day we chose to eat out. (Bob's Grill just down the road on 158 is very good. Great food and reasonable prices).

As I said for the price, this was a good hotel. However, next time I might choose to spend a bit more and stay at either the Comfort Inn or the Days Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
nagsheadbeachhotel, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay. We are very sorry for the experience of finding items in the cabinets, this is one of the reasons we have check in at 4pm as to give us time to not only be sure the room is cleaned and ready for your stay but for us to inspect the room and be sure that this doesn't happen. It was a rare oversight and you can be sure it was dealt with, this is why we ask that our guest let us know upon check in to there room of know any issues so that we can take of them immediately .It is always our goal to provide great service and a comfortable stay, it seems in our haste to get our guest in earlier this room was accidentally not inspected. We always do inspect so that you, our guest will not have this happen, please accept our apologies and we hope you will stay again, if you look at our guest comments on Trip Adviser, you will see that we do have many complements on our hotel. In regards to the complementary breakfast we do offer a wide variety and even more, but we are limited to certain items because we are not zoned to have a kitchen to prepare hot items, we would love to offer more and have a larger dining area but because we are not able to do so because of regulations upon expansions in Dare Co. we cannot. What we do offer is 2 different fresh fruits, apple, orange juice and milk as well as coffee (which is available 24/7.) We have Belgum waffles, 2 kinds of bagels, 2 kinds of bread, hot cereals, a variety of grits and oatmeal and 4 different donuts . We also have 2 different kinds if biscuits, (sausage and egg&cheese.) As well as butter,jelly's and cream cheese, we do also offer breakfast from 6 am to 10 am which most hotels do stop serving at 9. We do stay in a constant state of renovating and expansion and do offer a great price and hotel centrally located to all the Outer Banks has to offer. We hope you will come back and give welcome a chance to show you this. We can be contacted directly and I would be very happy to speak with you at 252-441-0411.
Most Sincerely,
Tabitha Filer
Front Desk'
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have never written a less than positive review but there were things about this hotel that concerned me. First, when we got to our room, I turned down one of the full beds to put our bags, etc. on. I was upset to see a rather questionable stain on the bottom sheet which led me to wonder if the linens had been changed. I informed the front desk and the manager agreed that it was a problem and if it was a stain (rather than the bed not being changed), housekeeping should have caught it. He immediately apologized and moved us to a different room. At that point, I thought perhaps he should have upgraded us to an ocean view or something to make up for the initial bad impression. The second room seemed clean altho the shower tiles could have benefitted from a good work-over with a mold or mildew product. The resurfacing on the tub was also peeling. I don't think the room was vacuumed more than once during our four day stay. And while we had soap and shampoo when we arrived, we were never provided with either again. When I asked housekeeping for lotion, I was told she didn't have any but I could get it at the front desk. The hotel had an odor which while not unpleasant, was definitely noticeable and gave me the impression that it was more a cover-up than cleanliness. On a positive note, the staff was very friendly and anxious to please. Breakfast items were plentiful and of good quality. In my impression, the housekeeping was the weak link. I loved the pictures in the halls. I'm not sure we would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
nagsheadbeachhotel, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay. We always welcome the feedback of our guest as to better provide guest with the best possible experience. We are very sorry for the issue you had with your room and in regards to being moved we would of been most happy to have upgraded if there was a room available ocean side because Oceanside rooms were already completely booked with guest you were moved to another room facing the poolside with a beautiful view of the monument which is lit up at night and is quite pleasant to look at off the private room balcony. In regards to the tub we did have them resurfaced this past spring and have recently begun to have issues with peeling. we are aware and the tubs are arranged to be resurfaced in the Fall, when it will not inconvenience our guest who have booked months in advance we hope guest will bear with this issue and know we are on it' also be aware that the room tubs and room are clean but tubs may not appear so with the peeling. We have a excellent housekeeping staff that takes great pride in providing guest with a clean and comfortable room. In regards to the stay over cleans, housekeeping will not move items for accountability reasons from the floor so that may of been why the room was not fully vacuumed. We do have shampoo, soaps in the room and offer extra items, complementary if you forget something, anything from toothbrush, toothpaste, razors, deodorant etc.... We are happy that you enjoyed breakfast and hope that you will return to stay again. You can call us directly anytime at 252-441-0411. We look forward to hosting any return visits with us on the lovely Outer Banks.
Tabitha Filer
Front Desk'
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

From the moment we arrived, Diana was so helpful and welcoming! The hotel was nice and SUPER clean. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again. Great location too!! Centrally located, across the street from the beach. Had a nice pool and great continental breakfast with a very friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks? Share your experiences!