“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks

You added Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks to your Saves list
Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   804 N Virginia Dare Trail, Milepost 8, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Spearfish, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Priced decently. Traveled in March (off season) and found the front desk to be more than helpful. Upon checking into my room, I found that the room wasn't vacuumed, the toilet didn't flush well, the balcony wasn't cleaned. It felt somewhat dingy. Not unbearable.
The bed was comfortable and my stay in the area was very pleasant. I would still stay here again because of the hospitality.
Staying at the Travelodge makes it centralized for tourism activities. I went all the way to Ocracoke Island and then next day went to Corolla.

Room Tip: .I would probably get an ocean view room the next time. I had a pool view room, wasn't bad, but...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
nagsheadbeachhotel, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We are very sorry about your room not being clean properly, we always strive to provide guest with a clean and comfortable room. We always encourage our guest to please let us know at there arrival into there room if things are not satisfactory or any issues. We will always take care of that immediately and wish you had given us the opportunity to do so. We hope you will visit again and we are central to all locations being at mile post 8 on the beach road makes it easy to go south or north within minutes. please call us directly at 252-441-0411 we are available to take your calls 24/7.
Tabitha Filer
Front Desk'
Harlingen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was in the area on business last week, on a budget, and needing a quiet and comfy place to stay after long days at a conference. As I pulled up to the hotel I was a little disappointed that it looked a little dated, as do most of the hotels in the area. But I was pleasantly surprised by the unobstructed view of the ocean from my balcony, the cleanliness, and the exceptionally comfy beds. The room was small but surprisingly quiet, the staff courteous and accommodating. I almost splurged on a beachfront condo but I'm glad I chose the travelodge. I would have given 5 stars but the coffee,while free, tasted very bad and the outside of the sliding glass door to my balcony needed to be cleaned. Other than that it was an exceptional stay. :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
nagsheadbeachhotel, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to let us know how your visit with us was. Though we are not oceanfront we do have a great view of the beach and we are glad you enjoyed that beautiful ocean-view. We do have great beds and we have the "Simmons Beauty Rest" mattresses to make a comfortable nights sleep. We take great pride in keeping a well maintained and clean room for our guest. The coffee in the rooms are Folgers but we do have a coffee that is served in the lobby that we always get complements on, it is a Dutch Gourmet coffee "Douwe Egberts" As for the outside balcony I apologize if it was not clean but it is hard to keep those outside patio doors spotless because of the constant salt that is in the air from the ocean which will put a film on the sliders even as soon as clean depending on the weather and wind direction. We hope you will return to stay again and if I can assist you in anyway with a reservation please feel free to call us directly anytime at 252-441-0411.We will look forward to your return and hope to see you again.
Tabitha Filer
Front Desk'

Been to Travelodge Nags Head Beach Hotel/Outer Banks? Share your experiences!