“A nice stopover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Ranch Resort

Save Saved
You added Sea Ranch Resort to your Saves list
Sea Ranch Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1731 N. Virginia Dare Trail, PO Box 325, Kill Devil Hills, NC   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Moncton, Canada
“A nice stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

While travelling in the coldest part of february it seems, our spirits were warmed by the warm and friendly staff of Sea Ranch. I loved the 2 doors on the room giving us a great view of all things Kitty Hawk. Laying in bed and seeing the sun come up was magic for this Northern Climate girl desperate for the warmth of the south. Alas we braved the bitter cold and stood out on the deck to watch the sun rise. Thank you to the Lady at the front desk for giving me this spectacular view. The staff was just fantastic. We ate a meal in the bar downstairs one night and thoroughly enjoyed the local feeling of friendliness there. The waiter/bartender was awesome. Especially when this tired soul had a duh moment and left her purse in the bar. He ran after us to the hall almost immediately. Thank you. I said it before and I will say it again. I have never met an American I didn't like. So friendly and helpful. I bet this is a happening spot in the summer.

Room Tip: ask for an upper floor for an awesome view. Go when its warmer out.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sea Ranch R, General Manager at Sea Ranch Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thanks for your review! I hope you be able to return for a summer getaway and see for yourself how fun summer is here on the Outer Banks. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff. They all work very hard to deliver you (our guests) with a pleasurable experience! We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was my first time ever to the outer banks and I did a lot of research on hotels. When my boyfriend and I decided on the sea ranch resort little did I know it was going to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The people that work in this hotel are so friendly! If you have any questions about anything they will try and answer them! Even when we checked in at 2 am the front desk guy was very friendly. :) it is very close to everything! they also upgraded us for free. So we ended up getting the balcony room. I was so excited that we actually got the balcony because we had almost 70 degree weather in march, so we spent a lot of time out there. we will most certainly be coming back to the sea ranch resort.

• Stayed March 2014
I am very happy to hear that we were able to exceed all of your expectations during your visit. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We hope to see you soon!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our family had a cottage in OBX when I was a kid, and I have visited there all my life. The Sea Ranch has been there for at least that long, and I remembered it and booked it for our brief vacation in off-season. It was just fine: clean and nice, and our room practically in the ocean. The staff was friendly and we had no complaints. The only sour note was when my husband, discovering he had left his phone charger, called to ask if it could be sent and was told "we need a credit card number to send it COD. He was kind of peeved at this and told them to forget it. A poorly-trained night clerk can mess up the whole mix.... Otherwise, our stay was just fine. Oh: it may just be me, but the bed was EXCRUCIATING! Good pillows and pillow-top mattress, but I got up stiff and sore.

Room Tip: If you want a view, this is the place to go.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. I apologize for any confusion that was communicated regarding the return of your charger. Our procedure for items left behind would be to send them to you VIA USPS COD at your request. I will be sure to address proper explanation of our return policy to all of our front desk staff. I am glad to see that overall, your stay was a good experience and hope that you will not allow this miscommunication to prevent you from returning in the future. We'd love to have you back.

Best regards.
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The hotel... let's be honest... isn't the main attraction at a place like OBX. Clean rooms and a GREAT restaurant were just a nice perk to the great area.

The view from the room were AMAZING and the staff was absolutely wonderful!

John Romm and the kitchen and bar staff were fantastic!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for your review! I will be sure to pass your kind words regarding the restaurant on to the Chef and staff! We hope you can make it back for a visit soon!
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Room was very comfortable, felt like home. Staff was very friendly! View was awesome! We will definitely stay again! Only downside was the indoor heated pool was closed during our visit and not expected to open until March 15th. Access to an indoor heated pool was a big reason we selected this property so to arrive and find that the pool was closed was very disappointing, but overall our stay was great.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are well worth the extra $ - View is INCREDIBLE! Feel as if you are standing right...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay! Unfortunately, our pool was closed during the time of your stay due to a part on order. We apologize for that. We are now back up and running! We also offer all of our guests complimentary passes to our local YMCA that offers an indoor swimming pool in addition to all of the other amenities they offer. I hope that you were able to enjoy this!

We hope to see you again soon!
Front Royal, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

ALways love staying here!! Great hotel, great service...never want to leave. Literally steps to get to the ocean, its so close!! Off season you are given vouchers for bfast at Jolly Rogers which is delicious!! The service is outstanding here, and they go out of there way to meet your expectations. Each time we come back, we will be staying here!! Had a great time this past weekend and the room was nice and cozy Fri night when we arrived even through the weather was not. OUr room was cleaned sat when we left to go to the ferry for Okracoke for the day. I found this hotel on accident in Nov though groupon, and Im so glad I did. I look forward to coming back again soon!

Room Tip: Close to ocean, condo rooms (king 2 twin) have enclosed balconies if you like to sit on the porch du...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for coming back and spending another memorable Outer Banks getaway with us! We would love for you to come back and enjoy some of the summer fun with us! Feel free to give us a call if we can help plan your next stay!!
New Kent, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed at the Sea Ranch on a week night while taking "Flat Stanley" on vacation adventures. If you don't know Flat Stanley, please google and learn who he is. Anyway, our plan was to stay in Hatteras two nights, taking the ferry on a day trip to Ocracoke Island, but a little Nor easter blew through and we decided to come back to Nags Head for an overnight. Since we'd stayed at the Sea Ranch several years ago, I called there first and they had an oceanfront room available so we grabbed it. We had heard the Sea Ranch had under gone a major renovation.....man is that an understatement. The room was absolutely beautiful, everything looked new, even the bathroom. Didn't even look like the same place. Of course the Sea Ranch has always had the best view, hands down, and now they have a property to match the view. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk person who was most helpful. We'd eaten in the restaurant there years ago and they've totally renovated that area as well, so now you have the Beach Side Bistro. They're not open every day, during the off season, but we lucked out and happened to be there on an evening when they were open. My hubby ordered their special of the day, turkey cutlet and mashed potatoes, which he said was delicious and I had a BLT, which was also delicious. We shared a crab dip appetizer, which was very yummy. Our waiter, I believe his name was Garrett, was terrific. He suggested the special, which he described as "comfort food on a rainy night," and he also made a wine suggestion, which was delicious. He seemed to wear a lot of hats that evening and wore them all well. Garrett does a great job promoting, not only the Bistro and their delicious food, but the Sea Ranch Resort in general. Our dining experience at the Beach Side Bistro was most enjoyable. After dinner, we retired to our beautiful room with very comfy beds. We slept to the soothing sounds of the ocean roaring and waves crashing. Oh, I haven't mentioned the fact that the front of the room is total glass with a glass door opening to your own private deck and two nice chairs. Even though the weather was rough, we still enjoyed the deck and the magnificent view. The weather was nicer this morning, so we enjoyed coffee morning coffee, made right in the little pot in the room, on the deck. If you want to know what the rooms look like, just take a look at the Sea Ranch's website......the room we were in looks exactly like their picture of a king, oceanfront. Our room was spacious and had a sleeper sofa and a table with 2 chairs. There was plenty of towels/toiletries. Check out this morning was a breeze, again a friendly, professional person at the front desk. Parking was convenient. They gave us a little ID tag to leave in our car, probably because non-guest try to use their parking lot and beach. We could see that renovations is in progress for rooms near the street. We were just amazed at the transformation of the Sea Ranch and we look forward to a return visit soon.

Room Tip: I think any of the oceanfront rooms offer a wonderful view. It's the ocean up close and persona...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your kind review! I am glad that your travels brought you back to the Sea Ranch and that you all were able to experience all of the upgrades for yourselves (and Flat Stanly too)! We are always excited to hear from past guests after the have seen the transformation of the hotel! Let us know if we can assist you in making plans for a future stay!

Been to Sea Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!