My family and I just returned from a stay in one of the two bedroom, two bath oceanfront suites. The location was perfect as we were right on the beach with an ocean view. These are more like condos or apartments with full kitchens including washer and dryer. The living room and master bedrooms have access via sliding door to the glass enclosed porch which overlooks the Atlantic and the beach. There were windows that could be opened if you liked, but it was cold and we could hear the ocean waves just fine with the sliding doors open.
The furniture is basic and not very fancy, but provided a comfortable living room sofa and reading chair with ottoman. The dining room table sat six with plenty of room plus there were bar stools for the eating bar. The bedding wasn't the fanciest or highest thread count, but for the price and location I think it was sufficient. I think they could invest in some nice solid colored duvets to update the bedrooms a bit. The master bath seemed to have been updated and was roomy. The other bathroom had an older blue tub from the 60s or 70s with older hardware. Our daughter liked to use our tub in the master bath instead.
There was a continental breakfast provided, but we ended up eating at the Jolly Roger down the street instead. We also bought some food at the local grocery, Harris Teeter, and enjoyed some meals in our room. If you like coffee in your room, you should bring your own filters, coffee etc. as there was no started set provided. Otherwise the kitchen was fully stocked with dishes, glassware, pots, pans, can opener, toaster , blender and microwave.
There is a nice enclosed pool, but it was closed during our visit probably due to low occupancy during the winter.
The staff was wonderful and very helpful. They always had great suggestions for sightseeing, dining or shopping.
We managed to see a lot of historic sites on this visit and found everything to be easily accessible from this hotel's location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the recently renovated room accommodations that reflect a coastal color palette and modern room finishes that will create a relaxing and comfortable space for your stay. Convenient on-site amenities include an enclosed heated pool, new fitness center and game room, outside picnic area and grill. The Sea Ranch also welcomes you to our oceanfront restaurant, the Beachside Bistro, which offers a delightful menu with a focus on American Coastal Cuisine. Join us for in the dining room or on our deck where you can soak in the beautiful ocean view! Beachfront Resort: All rooms in the beachfront resort and oceanside lodge offer: microwaves, refrigerators, Cable TV and Internet. Oceanfront Suites: We now offer 2 BR / 2 Bath fully equipped, condo style suites. Each suite offers a full kitchen, washer & dryer and living room with a sleeper sofa! Minimum of a 3 night stay required in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sea Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Ranch Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Ranch Resort Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills