I must admit I was nervous about booking a hotel for our first OBX trip because everything was either too pricey ($250-$350+/night) or had several bad reviews regarding cleanliness, service, noise at night, etc. I ended up waiting until the last minute, and luckily found the Sea Ranch.
The room was in the main building and reasonably priced. I decided not to get a beach view room which cost more, esp. since the plan was to be on the beach and not sitting on a balcony looking at the beach! :) The walk from the room to the beach was literally 30 seconds (kids made it in 20!). There was a hose with a great spray nozzle right on the edge of the walkway so we could wash sand off ourselves and the kids before heading back to the room.
We heard zero noise from other guests while staying there The room was perfectly clean and had queen size beds (many OBX hotels I looked at had mainly double beds and a few rooms with queen beds that cost $20/night more). It was so quiet I would have thought I was the only guest on our floor if I hadn't seen a guy walking to his room two doors down one evening. We had a great fridge, microwave, hair dryer, alarm clock and extra pillows in the drawers. There was a nice desk in the room and free internet access. The bathroom was a good size and included an open closet for hanging up clothes and bathing suits to fully dry.
Both the food and service at the restauraunt were truly AMAZING!!! I would have eaten there every day, but my husband wanted to sample different restauraunts in the area since we'd never been to OBX. You can sit inside or outside on the deck to enjoy your food.
I've saved the best for last: Shirley at the front desk was wonderful! She was friendly without being fake and has a beautiful smile and a great sense of humor. I'm not originally from the south, and not really a people-person, but Shirley was so sweet and warm and genuine I just wanted to take her home with me... We've been to many hotels where the front-desk staff greet you with a practiced "How may I help you?" or "Thank you for your service!", which is great and all... but I appreciated the sincerity so much more! In addition, she was helpful and knew what she was doing. We've been to hotels where we've waited 10 minutes at the front desk to check in or out due to some issue with the computer (because you know it is always the computer's fault and never the user) !! :) Shirley was efficient and took care of both transactions promptly!
- Also Known As:
- Sea Ranch Hotel
- Sea Ranch Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Ranch Resort Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the recently renovated room accommodations that reflect a coastal color palette and modern room finishes that will create a relaxing and comfortable space for your stay. Convenient on-site amenities include an enclosed heated pool, new fitness center and game room, outside picnic area and grill. The Sea Ranch also welcomes you to our oceanfront restaurant, the Beachside Bistro, which offers a delightful menu with a focus on American Coastal Cuisine. Join us for in the dining room or on our deck where you can soak in the beautiful ocean view! Beachfront Resort: All rooms in the beachfront resort and oceanside lodge offer: microwaves, refrigerators, Cable TV and Internet. Oceanfront Suites: We now offer 2 BR / 2 Bath fully equipped, condo style suites. Each suite offers a full kitchen, washer & dryer and living room with a sleeper sofa! Minimum of a 3 night stay required in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sea Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.