“Try the yard bird sandwich” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Try the yard bird sandwich”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I agree that the food is average overall but the restaurant is part of our family tradition while on the OBX. I always order the same thing: a yard bird sandwich (massive chicken breast and fries) and the beer sampler. It's very filling and very delicious. It's a great place for kids, especially with the play area in the back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

ca
“Good food and beer, but not worth the wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Yes, it was summer, but it was a Thursday night. We were told our wait would be an hour. It was more like an hour and a half. Another poor family with several children had been told an hour, and they were going on two hours. The restaurant really needs to get better at predicting the wait time. Once we got in, the food was pretty good, and the beer was good, but not good enough to justify the long wait.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Had dinner with husband and 2 kids on a Saturday night. Tried a flight of beer - the IPA was good, as was the stout. The lemongrass had an aftertaste of furniture polish, but I say that about most lemon beers. We weren't starving so had appetizers. The pizza was tasteless. The wings were large but nothing special. The margarita had a nice flavor but not much alcohol. The service was good but nothing special. The decor is cool, and there is a playground for the kids if you go during the day. We didn't get to sample much so maybe it's better than this review. I'd have to try it again.

Visited October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always a favorite when we visit OBX!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband, friend, and I truly enjoyed our experience, service, and meals here! First of all we had the pleasure of a great bartender and server by the name of Jay. Nothing but a smile on his face the whole night even as busy as it got, considering it was a Friday night! We all tried different specials, and have to say they were so good! My husband loves trying his beer samplers, and even took home a growler. My friend and I had margaritas that were so tasty. When my husband and I visited here a few years ago, still have to say one of the best places to go to in Kill Devil Hills! Can't wait till our next road trip with sun! Unfortunately it rained pretty much everyday on this vacation, but everyone here in the Outer Banks is just too sweet!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Way to mess up an anniversary meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I ordered identical meals, cooked medium-well. His was perfect, mine was sent back twice and when it was finally cooked on the inside, it was overdone on the outside. I do not like to eat charred, overcooked beef.

The waitress took our anniversary photo and was cordial until my meal went back twice. Then she had an attitude. We were given a 10% discount, which did not pay for the inconvenience of watching my husband eat his meal while I waited.

The interior is also dated and worn.

My husband did enjoy his beer.

• Visited October 2013