“Way to mess up an anniversary meal” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Way to mess up an anniversary meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I ordered identical meals, cooked medium-well. His was perfect, mine was sent back twice and when it was finally cooked on the inside, it was overdone on the outside. I do not like to eat charred, overcooked beef.

The waitress took our anniversary photo and was cordial until my meal went back twice. Then she had an attitude. We were given a 10% discount, which did not pay for the inconvenience of watching my husband eat his meal while I waited.

The interior is also dated and worn.

My husband did enjoy his beer.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Durham, North Carolina, USA
“Good Choice for Families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a friendly place with good food and a GREAT backyard where the kids can run a play. We went in the off season, so it wasn't crowded at all. My guess is that it gets crazy crowded in the Summer. We'll likely go back next Fall!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Enjoyed our dinner selections from the nightly specials menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I both chose items off the nightly special menu. I had the grilled, Lebanese-spiced wahoo with couscous, raisins, almonds, baby bok choy and a miso-ginger beurre blanc! Extremely good! Loved the combination of flavors. My husband had the creole pasta with shrimp, sausage & vegetables. Tasty and good. The house IPA was very good...darker than most IPAs.
Creative interior, eco friendly brewing, fresh ingredients. We were not disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia, Usa
“Is this typical of a DDD diner or dive?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Ordered shrimp, fries and pan fried scallops. Shrimp were large, hot and spicy, easy to peel and great! Scallops, not so much. A full dinner was 5 scallops. They were black on top. They had great support on the plate with rice, peas, beans, and fried onions but didn't seem worth $24. Have to say the homemade root beer and cream soda were great but disappointed in dinner.

Winston-Salem, NC
“Good Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This place has a pretty good bar and good bar food along with a better than average selection and quality of microbrews. The restaurant is hit and miss. Some of the items like the fried green tomato caprese and a few others are exceptional. However most of the restaurant items are mediocre at best. If it were not for the beer, I would give the place a solid "2." If I were rating the bar abd beer it would be a "4." The selection of sides is poor. The pasta salad is dry and tasteless. I have had better in boxed supermarket kits. I think their problem is that they try to do too much. They need to stick to bar-type food and sandwiches and try to excel at that. My future trips will be limited to the beer.