“go here if you like good beer and good food!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
North Carolina
“go here if you like good beer and good food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The brews at this place are delicious!! We left with growlers of stout and olsch at the end of our meal, which was also delicious. There were so many good things offered on the menu, it was hard to choose, everyone loved their food.
We will return!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Experienced Home Brewer and Food Picky Wife”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We traveled to the OBX this past weekend for celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary. As an experienced home brewer and beer enthusiast since 1986, we've both been to "many a brewery and brew pub" over those decades and had many a craft beer by bottle and tap.
My wife is a bit of a foodie and when isn't happy with her meal, it's not a great evening.
I've known the OBBS was there and we've been out of the state for quite a few years. I believed it was a couple guys taking advantage of "the beach", the "OBX name" in order to brew/sell swill at high prices and your typical burgers and fries.
Boy was I wrong!
We ate and drank the first night we arrived on the Outer BanksWe wanted to sit at the bar, but is was jam packed. We each ordered their high gravity barely wine served in Brandy sniffers. Excellent! She ordered another one and I got the Hefeweizen . Again, excellent! The banana scents came right through as did a slight clove background. Dinner arrived and was excellent. As some other posters have said, this is more upscale than your standard pub grub. It was a surprise in both menu selection and quality.
Saturday we drove up to Weeping Radish. We had been there a couple times when it was in Manteo proper. We planned to have a few beers, eat a late lunch and then tool around the Manteo waterfront in the afternoon and evening.
After several beer at Weeping Radish -- all being very good and service excellent at the bar -- we decided to can the lunch idea, buy some sausages and hot dogs to bring back home and fix later, and go back to the Outer Banks brewery.
This time we scored great seats at the bar. I have very rarely ordered flights of beer; I can easily count on one hand the times I've done this; but this time I did and selected all 5 of the brews I didn't have the previous night -- Olsh, Lemon Grass Wheat, 3 Toed Pale Ale, Porter and Shipwreck Stout. As we ordered, ate dinner, then hung out for a while after eating, I had another Stout. Smooth, black, rich and velvety where the words out of my mouth. Each beer in the flight was very enjoyable and I would have ordered a pint of each, but I would probably still be in the hotel bed if I had. Dinner again was excellent and we had a perfect view of the kitchen/grill -- dinner and a show!
Something else I have done only a few times over the decades is to take a growler home. But I had to have more of that Stout. Now we have to find out how to get OBBS beers here in The Triangle, NC. If you like great craft beer, excellent food and a really nice environment, this is a place to check out. Next time we're back in that area, we can certainly be found there!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best pub/eatery in OBX!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

The outer banks brewing station is awesome to us for many reasons. First trip we took out of town together! Serving The best Pancakes - done perfectly !!! Some of the best micro brew all started in this cool, authentic lively bar/restaurant from hoppy to pale ale!! Enough ambience any day you go in particularly the weekends, if you want a quieter nite you can pony up to the end of the bar and check out a local sports game followed by some corn hole in the back!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Holtsville, New York
“Bar food done right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Brewery may be over-hyped and a little over priced but it is not disappointing. The food seems like standard bar food but it's done better than any bar in OBX. The hush puppies are the best we've ever had. The beer was very good as well. If you like craft beer you should definitely check it out.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Could have been better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Food was expensive and not that good, tried there fresh brewed soda.... ehh. Service was very slow as well. Wouldn't go back.

Visited December 2012