“Always a favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Nestled off the beaten path in a Victorian house surrounded by 400 year-old oak trees, we are a local's favorite. Our seafood is brought in fresh daily, and we use locally grown ingredients.All the locals love our filet dishes as well as our large menu.All desserts are homemade. We are a family run restaurant with most of our staff having been with us for over 15 years.We do everything to make sure all of our customers leave happy.
Richmond, Virginia
“Always a favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

You definitely need to plan ahead and call for a reservation. The word is good word is definitely out about Colington Cafe even though it's a bit off the unbeaten beach path. Menu with lots of variety, wonderfully prepared food, and outstanding service. The stand out this visit was the chilled roasted vegetable salad that accompanied most entrees. I've never had anything like it before and would love to have the recipe! Save room for dessert ... CC has so many tasty homemade options it will be hard to choose.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Manassas, Virginia
“Fantastic food, even better service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We ate at Colington Cafe twice in one week. It was initially recommended by a friend that had heard good things but not actually eaten here. The first night we arrived without reservations. We waited at most 30-minutes, and were served beer out on the porch. It was well worth the wait! I had the Seafood Pasta, which was perfectly cooked - scallops, shrimp and smoked salmon with ziti and the most delicious sauce. My boyfriend had the Filet Dijon, 6-ounce beef medallions with mushrooms, cooked medium. Neither of us left a speck of food on the plate. For dessert, the Nestlé Toll House Pie with vanilla ice cream. Amazing.

Tonight we went back (with reservations this time, which we recommend, this place is always full), and once again the food and service was beyond amazing. Tonight I had the Filet and Crabmeat, and my boyfriend had the Pork Au Sherry. I ordered the filet mignon medium and that's exactly what I got, Bobby Flay couldn't have done a better job.

Our server both nights was Billy, and he is worth every penny he earns, plus probably a million more. He's the standard to which all fine restaurants should hold their staff. Thank you, Billy!

My dude and I highly recommend Colington Cafe. The food was amazing and the staff is wonderful, friendly, and very very good at what they do.

Sacramento, California
“Awesome although a bit pricey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food at the Colington Café is really good. They also have quite the menu. I ordered the beef brochette and fried shrimp. My beef was so tender that I was able to cut it with a butter knife. The fried shrimp was lightly battered and very yummy. Chilled string beans and mashed potatoes accompanied the beef and shrimp. Additionally, I ordered a toll house cookie pie for desserts, which was probably one of the best desserts I have ever tasted! Our server, Billy, was very attentive but not bothersome. We arrived before they opened at 5:00 p.m. We did not have reservations but were seated immediately when they opened. If you arrive later, you may need reservations since it's not a big place. This Café is located in a house, which adds to the ambiance of the eating experience. Thankfully, someone told us about this restaurant because it is not listed in the OBX food guide and is located away from the beach past the Wright Brothers Museum. Two entrees (my friend ordered the same dish), two desserts and one iced tea totaled about $75.00 + gratuity. Expensive for me but worth the price for an occasional splurge.

basking ridge
“best food we had in OBX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

hands down the best restuarant we went to during our 4 days in OBX. thanks to my peeps at Trip Advisor for steering us in the right direction. top quality all around- ambiance, service, food. couldn't be beat. you will not be disappointed! it's a little out of the way - round the backside of the wright memorial and the parking can be a little sketchy but fear not - worth the trip.

• Visited August 2013
Winterville, NC
“Very good food with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is an out-of-way cafe favored by the Locals. It is a two story house that has multiple dining areas for an intimate twosome or groups of 10+. The food is first class, mixture of surf and turf, prepared as one desires. There are the availability of two sizes of servings, whether you are not too hungry or starving. The desserts are to die for.