“Very Nice!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Outer Banks Beach Club

You added Outer Banks Beach Club to your Saves list
Outer Banks Beach Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mile Post 9 Virginia Dare Trail, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948   |
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

For people who use to own a home in KDH and now just come down for a visit every few years this place was perfect. We sold our place because The Banks changed in a way that we felt we just couldn't retire to which is what we hoped to eventually hoped to do with the place. We still like to visit and found the Beach Club perfect for our needs. Very clean. The staff is very polite and helpful. The rooms are large and comfortable and the kitchens well stocked. The pool area was kept very clean as was the entire property. Located right on the Beach Rd. in KDH it's very convenient to go either way to your favorite establishment or walk across the street to Dare Devils or Bonzers for a beer and a bite. Nice place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
penn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have come here for a number of years and sadly the place has deteriorated. I have a full kitchen full of ants. I called Sunday they came and sprayed Monday it was worse! Now ants are on us. Told me they would have an exterminator out today and no one came. They brought me a can of bug spray. I asked for a partial refund if I can't use the kitchen. I see why they no longer have hold crown status. Decking is very deteriorated with nails sticking up. Badly in need of an update. Ill put ant pictures up, its really creepy. May have to put them on my fb. Hopefully it will motivate someone to address this problem as it is a current one.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I do a lot of trading around with our timeshare week, and this was a nice trade. The unit we stayed in was spacious (2 bedroom) and very clean. The furniture, including the bed was quite comfortable. The kitchen well stocked with cooking utensils.

Our only complaint was we couldn't see the ocean from our unit which we knew we might not going in so it wasn't a surprise. Still we missed that. At least we were close enough we could walk to the ocean which we did every day.

We were a little disappointed in the clubhouse staff. They didn't seem as knowledgeable as we have found other resort staffs to be. We were given misinformation on more than one occasion. The cleaning staff, on the other hand, were terrific. I can't say enough about their work ethics and just plain helpfulness.

It was a lovely week and I can certainly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanfront room up about 3 floors or you won't see the ocean or hear it either.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My family has been going to Outer Banks Beach Club for over 30 years. We love this place! No it isn't glamorous with granite counter tops or fancy bedding. But I'm not quite sure that is what vacation is all about. What we do love is the almost 360 views (get a PH unit). The first and second floor units don't really have great views of the ocean. And the "berms" as one reviewer noted are actually called dunes. Those are there as a natural barrier. It's just something you have to deal with if you want the buildings to survive storms. Some of the PH units can see the Wright Brother's Memorial out the middle bedroom window. As a kid I loved to sit and watch it! We love that the living area and kitchen are one big room. It's great open concept living. Getting a good spot during peak months like June and July is probably pretty hard. Owners go the same weeks every year. But if you can get in - keep it! We've made lots of friends that we see every year and love to have a cocktail with on the deck or chat with on the beach. If the resort doesn't have extras that you need we always to go Just For The Beach rentals right next to the resort. They have everything from cribs to bikes. Renting a beach umbrella and chairs makes for a super easy set up in the morning and take down in the afternoon, especially with a baby! The pool is great too! Just remember that if you are there at night people are sleeping in the pool units - so you might get "shushed". The location can't be beat either. It's almost right smack in the middle of the island. half way from the bridge and half way from Manteo. I do agree that the resort could lose the floor to ceiling drapes and maybe add some plastic "pool cups" to the cabinets. Wifi would be awesome too. As a whole we love it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Spent the week of June 7th thru June 14th . We stayed in 4PH which was 3rd floor penthouse oceanfront . My first time to the OBX and I loved it & it will be my vacation choice from now on. Had a very short walk out the private beach access ( 50 feet or less ) and it made it very easy to get everyone & our stuff to beach . I would recommend to anyone . Loved my stay & so did my family.

• Stayed June 2014
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Spacious two and three bedroom units. Kitchen well furnished. Beachfront units provide a pleasant view of the Atlantic Ocean. Non beachfront units are a short walk to the beach. indoor and outdoor pools. Helpful staff. Wifi available only in the clubhouse which if across the street from the beachfront units. No restaurant on premises, but numerous excellent restaurants nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I've been staying at the Outer Banks Beach Club my entire life, so it already feels like home. Over the past two years they updated the kitchens, furniture, TVs, and bathrooms. Having a condo instead of a hotel room always makes vacationing a better experience, so it's nice that they have 1, 2, and 3-bedroom options available. It's also helpful that the kitchens come fully stocked, including baking supplies if the mood hits you. Most of the units are a short walk from the ocean, with only a few units requiring guests to cross the street to get to the beach. Two outdoor pools and an indoor pool means that you have options if one is a bit too crowded for your liking. I didn't do any of the activities organized by the resort during this stay, but they definitely had some fun things to choose from, especially for families.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Outer Banks Beach Club? Share your experiences!