I found the Outer Banks Beach club while combing through all of the reviews of the mediocre beach hotel/motels and decided to give it a try. We made reservations online and it seemed to work just like making a hotel reservation. We booked a 2 BR 2BA condo for 2 nights. Upon arrival, we checked in at the office, and we had to leave a credit card for a security deposit.
We were not given any other information. When we got to the unit, we found instructions for check-out which is where the establishment varies from what you'd find in a hotel. You will need to strip the beds and towels and put all soiled linens in a big bag before you check out. You will also need to wash and put away any dishes that you use and take out the trash. I did not find any of this unreasonable, considering the fact that I was paying less for a condo than I would have paid for a hotel. The only thing is that none of these details were explained at check-in.
The complex is divided between being ocean side and across the street (Beach Rd aka Virginia Dare Hwy aka Hwy 12) from the ocean. Our unit was on the top floor, ocean side, but looked out onto the parking lot/pool. Note: Due to condo configuration, Ocean front units of the Beach Club II would provide a ocean view from the Bedrooms, and parking lot views from the living room. On the ocean side are also some "yurt" shaped buildings. I cannot speak to their configuration or views.
It was very spacious, albeit a bit dated in decor (early 90's is my guess). However, the unit was extremely clean. The kitchen was well-stocked and there were plenty of linens, seating space, dining space, and closets. There was a small balcony accessible from both bedrooms that faced West (view of hwy 12). The "front" door opens onto a common breezeway, but each unit has a table and 4 chairs on the breezeway if you were to want to eat outside (just know that your neighbors very well may walk right by while you dine). I think the complex had 2 outdoor pools,and it had an indoor heated pool that is open year-round. The outdoor pool closest to our unit was clean and filled, but was very chilly. There was also a hot tub.
Our building had an elevator. Note, given the fact that this a time-share condo, there is not help with luggage, but there were luggage carts for those who would need them.
My only complaint is that on check-out day, the staff was knocking (quietly) on our door by 8:30 AM. When we did not respond to the quiet knock, they proceeded to try to enter the unit. I called out to the man, and the creepy thing was that he did not answer me nor did he apologize. He stood there for a bit and then walked away. Check-out is 10AM, so there is no reason anyone should have been trying to let themselves into our unit.
The other thing is that when we got home, my husband had some missing medication. This facility does not include daily housekeeping, so no one should have been in our unit. However, we cannot explain the loss of the medication from his bottle....
There is no "hard-sell" or anything here, but there are time-share resales available. A listing was included in our check-in packet. You can also rent specific units by the week, I am pretty certain. I would stay here again, especially due to the price and the space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Time Share Resort that is family oriented. Friday check in's are across the street from the ocean with elevator access available in early 2014. These are two bedroom units. Saturday and Sunday check in's are oceanside and oceanfront with elevator access. One and three bedroom units on the oceanfront have elevators. Oceanside do not.There are two outdoor pools with hot tubs and one heated indoor pool with hot tub. We have shuffle board and tennis courts. Free wifi in the clubhouse and a free computer if needed. We offer free day passes to the local YMCA only two miles away. Plenty of activities daily for adults and children. We have beautiful beaches with spectacular views. Great local attractions very close to the resort. We have wheel chair access on our beach boardwalks with a large gazebo and viewing decks. We have 24 hour security and offer help with luggage especially for units without elevators via our luggage lifts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Outer Banks Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outer Banks Beach Club Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Outer Banks Beach Hotel
- Outer Banks Beach Club NC - Kill Devil Hills