“Great Food & Service at the OuterBanks !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying Fish Cafe & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Located between Milepost 9.5-10 in Kill Devil Hills on Route 158 Bypass
Cedarville, Ohio
“Great Food & Service at the OuterBanks !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I chose the Flying Fish based on reviews and menu and it definitely paid off! My wife had the petite filet and I had the petite filet/crab cake both on a bed of mashed potatoes and asparagus. I complemented with a glass of Estancia Cabernet, perfect. Thanks to our waiter Steve Blaisdell.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Holland
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stopped in flying fish based on a trip advisor recommendation. This is an excellent restaurant. The service is friendly and extremely efficient. The food is downright awesome. I had surf and turf which was delicious. I highly recommend this as one of your stops when on the Outer Banks.

Visited May 2013
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Truly one of the Best on the Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Wow, service was outstanding as was the food and the intimate atmosphere. The timing was perfect. I hate having salads or appetizers arrive along with the meal, and our waiter gave us plenty of time to enjoy one before bring the next. Oysters were definitely some of the best I've ever had. Prices were very reasonable and the upscale attention to detail was very nice. I consider Flying Fish to be a notch above the rest of what's found at the beach and definitely worth visiting on a regular basis.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Beyond Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My daughter and son in law were visiting from California and had rented a home in Nags Head with a large group of their friends who had flown in from all over the country. 3 of the adults and one of the children had the same birthday on May 21st. I live in Virginia Beach but travel to the Outer Banks frequently and had eaten here before. We had 25 people in our party and had made a reservation for 5:30 as there were 5 children under the age of 5. (yes, I know you were glad you were not dining that particular evening!) The wait staff had everything ready upon our arrival. The service was exceptional. Although this is not a restaurant you would take children to except on special occassions, the staff was very tolerant and ready to handle our special requests. They also did not rush us in anyway, even as other diners arrived and saw the large group and number of children.

Every single person raved about their food. These are people that have eaten all over the world and not one had a complaint!!! I had the best soft shells I have ever eaten. Very large, served on mashed potatoes and topped with sweet corn and backfin crabmeat. The fish was excetional both in taste and presentation. The steaks were cooked to perfection!! We had champagne as it was a celebration and the service for drinks and dessert was equally good.

I have eaten seafood many places in Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks, none better than this! This will be a definite place to visit each and every time we are in Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Service was too fast, food was really good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Wish this could have been a 5 star review cause the food was really good but! we had literally put down our forks with the last bite of our appetizer and the mains were on the table. Go to enjoy the food but only order one course at a time.
Also, do not order the cappuccino. It was terrible.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere