“Finally tried, not disappointed...best obx fish tacos!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: We have been serving the Outer Banks, NC for the past 10 years, with our very own twist on food from around the world – and around the block.Our local seafood menu is designed to cover all types of tastes, so even the pickiest member of your party will find something they enjoy.We’re a laid back, fun and offer a casual dining experience for the entire family. We offer a kids menu, so everyone will find their happy place.We laugh a lot and smile because we enjoy what we do here. We hope you enjoy your time here at our local OBX bar and grill, and on vacation at the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Burke, Virginia
“Finally tried, not disappointed...best obx fish tacos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Loved the laid back atmosphere. Good service, good food, good price. Best fish tacos in OBX!! Also enjoyed Mamas Wings, sweet and spicy! Definitely recommend and likely our new go to for fish tacos! Not to be missed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

west tennessee
“Kinda hard to get to but worth the trouble”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

On vacation we stopped at Mama Kwan's for lunch. The highway in front is not set up for someone to turn left into the parking lot. You have to come up the highway from the south OR turn into McDonalds parking lot at the light. I saw people parking over there and just walking across the lot. The restaurant is small but we were able to get a table quickly. We had the pork plates which were great but save room for dessert. I had a salted caramel chocolate cake that was out of this world. The owner makes them everyday. The coconut cream cake got good reviews from my friend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Should visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was my first time going to Mama's Kwans and I was very pleased with the service and the food. I ordered a tuna salad wrap and it was the best wrap I ever had!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great food, atmosphere, prices, people, etc”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I love this place. We love the money bags and fish tacos! I also just wanted to quickly talk about what great customer service this place has. I showed up an hour or so before they opened to buy a T-shirt for my Mom. They were very accommodating, welcomed me, and told me to come on in that it was no problem, and were patient as I chose a shirt for my Mom. This was the exact opposite experience I had when doing the same thing at Tortuga Lie. Kudos to you Mama Kwan's for remembering what it is to provide good customer service!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dayton, Ohio, United States
“Great food, pricey drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

First night visiting OBX this year, and Mama Kwan’s was the first restaurant we ate at. Fun atmosphere, great service – the wait would have been fairly long, but the host was able to work some seats at the bar. My girlfriend had blackened chicken, and I had the fish taco salad – both were great! Drinks are a little more expensive that you would think. Great place for a family if you can get seating (July 2013)

• Visited July 2013