“Mismanaged, disorganized” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Durham, NC
“Mismanaged, disorganized”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stopped by Dirty Dick's at lunchtime on a Saturday, and the restaurant was half full. The host told us we'd have to wait to be seated, because the kitchen was backed up. A few other confused looking parties were waiting by, while many tables were empty. If you can't fill your restaurant beyond half capacity at lunchtime, you're doing something wrong. This location used to be Slammin' Sammy's, and was really nice. Sorry to see it's become this.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Disappointed! ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We went here while on vacation because we were told how great it was. The food was not good at all. The hush puppies were the best part about the whole meal, which is sad. The t shirts are funny but other than a t shirt and hush puppies I would never go back there. Not all its cracked up to be.

Budd Lake, New Jersey, United States
“Tourist Trap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stop on our way to Rodanthe, because we were starving. The at atmosphere was lacking.. The food was ok. I would not go back. I had been there years ago. wasn't happy then either.

Visited July 2014
Canton NY
“Disappointing ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

If you're looking for a funny tshirt...def the spot if you're looking for a good and fresh seafood dinner...not here. Got the sno crab legs that were very disappointing. Fries were not fresh cut, more like soggy cold crinkle cut...def not worth the money. Don't waste you're time and money when there are much better options around

“I'M LOCAL AND SUPRISED!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I currently live in the Outer Banks , NC and rarely do I go out to eat during the summer months. My girlfriend and I wanted to get out of the house so she gave me three choices, one of which being Dirty Dick's. Now I must say that my reasoning was the name and to see what the T-shirts I see in town, are all about. We got there later than planned, so there was no wait which was a plus. We were seated right away. Our server "Jason" came by to introduce himself and see what we needed. It's been a long time since I have had service like this. Took the time to go through each menu item that we were interested in, gave us options and made us feel as if we were at his own home for a good meal. Checked on us throughout our meal and even got in on a small joke I played on my girlfriend. To say the least I made sure to tell the GM about his service and about the wonderful time we had at his establishment. As I said I never go out during the summer as our population swells, but I can say that it has changed my mind on my reluctance to go out while tourist are in the area. Friendly, Attentive and Great service. Dirty Dick's, we will see you soon. Maybe even in season.

• Visited July 2014