“Great week at the Outer Banks” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1003 S Croatan Hwy, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
North Carolina
“Great week at the Outer Banks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Even though i wasn't impressed with the Outer Banks. I was impressed with the Outer Banks in everyone we encountered went above and beyond the call of duty. Easy access, great price we went through Expedia. In center of anything we wanted to do. Would recommend this place for anyone .....

Room Tip: Reviewed king, double and double with sofa all there room was and excellent pick
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am sorry you didn't enjoy the area but glad to hear the hotel helped make your stay. I am blessed with a great staff. The Outer Banks is a beautiful area with a lot of hidden treasures. I hope you give the area a second chance and are able to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We spent two nights at the Outer Banks Inn in July 2013. The hotel is vintage with fairly dated furniture and decor, but I must say that it was clean and the bed was comfortable and the rate was reasonable. Unfortunately, they put us in the room next to the ice machine. They acknowledged that the ice machine was somewhat noisy, but the room was one of the largest. They were right on both counts. Aside from all that, it was a pleasant stay and the complimentary breakfast was ok. The Outer Banks are beautiful. We were out of the room except for sleeping.

Room Tip: The Lost Colony was wonderful and only 20 minutes from the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. I do hope you are able to return soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Outer Banks Inn was a wonderful place to stay for our vacation! The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, and we loved the beach golf cart service. All of our requests were met in a friendly and timely fashion.

• Stayed July 2013
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at the OBX Inn to add one extra day to our vacation. The room was basic, but I wasn't expecting the Ritz, I was expecting a clean room and friendly staff. That is exactly what we received. Great job OVX Inn. My family and I felt very comfortable at your hotel and will return again next year! I called ahead of time to ask for traveling advice and I spike with Katie. She was very patient with me answering all the questions I had. The check-in and check-out staff was great too. Plus, the ladies cleaning were so friendly and happy. I've never seen such a happy crew. All I'm going to say cleaning ladies is..."Alms for the Poor!!" I said I'd give you a good rating....because you deserve it! Hope to see you all next year!

Room Tip: The rooms with the sofa bed are larger. The bathrooms are small, but still big enough for a night...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I certainly appreciate the kind feedback. I will pass long your review to the staff and we certainly hope to see you again next year.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed at the outer banks inn for only one night just to visit my girl friend on my day off... the hotel was beautifully kept... everything was clean... and the staff was amaizing... i stayed on the second floor and the 2 housekeeping girls were such nice ladys i think there names where jenny and kira... hope to stay again soon... i recommend this hotel to everyone.... great job... thanks alot for the great stay.... james

• Stayed June 2013
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
James thank you so much for the kind words. I will certainly share with the staff. I say it often but deserves repeating, I am very blessed with a great team who truly enjoys what they do and embraces the true customer service concept. We do hope you are able to return soon.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The staff that checked us in were really friendly and helpful, giving us a good restaurant recommendation. The hotel had given us a bottle of wine, note and candle as we were celebrating our honeymoon. A nice touch and the only place so far to have done anything for us. The first room we were in was a decent size, but smelt strongly of damp. My husband also got loads of bites and we're not sure what from. We're not ones to complain so didn't say anything. However, that night the kids in the next room were so loud we had to complain the next morning. I don't know if it was because there was an interconnecting door but you could hear everything! We were promptly moved to another room, which was much smaller and pretty cramped really. But at least the smell of damp was gone!

I think they put us in that room to give us a larger room, but would recommend they don't put couples next to families. I would ask for a room without a connecting door, even though they're smaller. Although maybe we would have heard them anyway?!

The hotel is a short walk to the beach, less than 5 mins. The hotel offers a beach shuttle but it's not really needed. There is free parking at the hotel and the pool area was nice, with the pool a nice temperature.

The breakfast was very basic, and on the second day there was no juice :-( no good for someone like me who doesn't drink tea or coffee. A wider fruit selection would be a plus point, there were only apples and oranges.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I sincerely appreciate your feedback. I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with the customer service and the staffs efforts to correct the issues during your stay. I inspect rooms on a daily basis and will be sure to look into some of your concerns. Feedback only helps us improve and again we truly appreciate it. We do hope you will consider us again in the future.
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

3 stories, no elevator. Pay Ritz prices for a Motel 6 experience. Avoid it. I really can say anything positive about this roadside hotel. Rooms were very simple, bathrooms tight, linens worn. Breakfast was very simple.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. I can promise our prices are very competitive and we do our very best to ensure everyone enjoys their stay. Again I sincerely apologize and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can do.

Been to Outer Banks Inn? Share your experiences!