“Great Beach Vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1003 S Croatan Hwy, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
“Great Beach Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The Outer Banks Inn was a wonderful place to stay for our vacation! The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, and we loved the beach golf cart service. All of our requests were met in a friendly and timely fashion.

• Stayed July 2013
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at the OBX Inn to add one extra day to our vacation. The room was basic, but I wasn't expecting the Ritz, I was expecting a clean room and friendly staff. That is exactly what we received. Great job OVX Inn. My family and I felt very comfortable at your hotel and will return again next year! I called ahead of time to ask for traveling advice and I spike with Katie. She was very patient with me answering all the questions I had. The check-in and check-out staff was great too. Plus, the ladies cleaning were so friendly and happy. I've never seen such a happy crew. All I'm going to say cleaning ladies is..."Alms for the Poor!!" I said I'd give you a good rating....because you deserve it! Hope to see you all next year!

Room Tip: The rooms with the sofa bed are larger. The bathrooms are small, but still big enough for a night...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I certainly appreciate the kind feedback. I will pass long your review to the staff and we certainly hope to see you again next year.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed at the outer banks inn for only one night just to visit my girl friend on my day off... the hotel was beautifully kept... everything was clean... and the staff was amaizing... i stayed on the second floor and the 2 housekeeping girls were such nice ladys i think there names where jenny and kira... hope to stay again soon... i recommend this hotel to everyone.... great job... thanks alot for the great stay.... james

• Stayed June 2013
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
James thank you so much for the kind words. I will certainly share with the staff. I say it often but deserves repeating, I am very blessed with a great team who truly enjoys what they do and embraces the true customer service concept. We do hope you are able to return soon.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The staff that checked us in were really friendly and helpful, giving us a good restaurant recommendation. The hotel had given us a bottle of wine, note and candle as we were celebrating our honeymoon. A nice touch and the only place so far to have done anything for us. The first room we were in was a decent size, but smelt strongly of damp. My husband also got loads of bites and we're not sure what from. We're not ones to complain so didn't say anything. However, that night the kids in the next room were so loud we had to complain the next morning. I don't know if it was because there was an interconnecting door but you could hear everything! We were promptly moved to another room, which was much smaller and pretty cramped really. But at least the smell of damp was gone!

I think they put us in that room to give us a larger room, but would recommend they don't put couples next to families. I would ask for a room without a connecting door, even though they're smaller. Although maybe we would have heard them anyway?!

The hotel is a short walk to the beach, less than 5 mins. The hotel offers a beach shuttle but it's not really needed. There is free parking at the hotel and the pool area was nice, with the pool a nice temperature.

The breakfast was very basic, and on the second day there was no juice :-( no good for someone like me who doesn't drink tea or coffee. A wider fruit selection would be a plus point, there were only apples and oranges.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I sincerely appreciate your feedback. I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with the customer service and the staffs efforts to correct the issues during your stay. I inspect rooms on a daily basis and will be sure to look into some of your concerns. Feedback only helps us improve and again we truly appreciate it. We do hope you will consider us again in the future.
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

3 stories, no elevator. Pay Ritz prices for a Motel 6 experience. Avoid it. I really can say anything positive about this roadside hotel. Rooms were very simple, bathrooms tight, linens worn. Breakfast was very simple.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. I can promise our prices are very competitive and we do our very best to ensure everyone enjoys their stay. Again I sincerely apologize and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can do.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband, four year old, seven year old, and I just returned from four nights at The Outer Banks Inn. From the minute we arrived, the hotel staff was warm, courteous, accommodating, and interested in our comfort. The manager, Josh, went above and beyond to help us stay an extra night from what we originally planned because we were having such a nice time. Staff members like Hagen, Katie, Krystal, and Emily made our stay extra pleasant by helping us choose the best attractions and places to dine and were always thinking of things to help us even before we thought of them. The continental breakfast was good and well-stocked with bagels, waffles, fruit, yogurt, various cereals, Danishes, muffins, and more. The hotel offered a shuttle to the beach, free of charge and gratuity, but we did it use it as the beach is just up the road two blocks. The room wasn't fancy, but it was comfortable and clean. The housekeeping staff was also warm and courteous when we met them in the hallways. The biggest plus for my boys, other than warm chocolate chip cookies provided every afternoon, was the pool which ranges from three to just under five feet. They enjoyed nightly swims although the pool is open from ten to ten -- and later if you're not too loud. Overall we really enjoyed this hotel and would choose to return over other available places in the OBX, mostly because of the fabulous staff!

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I am so happy to hear your kind words. I will certainly share this with the staff as it is encouraging for them to hear such positive feedback. I hope you are able to return soon.
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was having a hard time finding an inexpensive hotel in OBX when I find this place with great reviews on Trip Advisor. To start out with, this hotel is probably perfectly fine for families heading to the beach, but for a solo traveler, this is not the hotel to stay at. It is convenient located near the beach, it was an easy walk to a public beach or you can take the shuttle. It is also right off the highway and near restaurants. The issues I had were with the maintenance of the room. The hotel looks nice from the outside, but the room itself could use a little help. The room had a wobbly wall light, a shaky toilet and you could see light in the cracks of the hotel door. I was near the stairway entrance and it was quite loud with people coming in at out of the door. It was helpful to have a continental breakfast, and I think some more choices like yogurt and toast would have been a plus. As I mentioned, fine hotel for families, but probably not for a solo person.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
I genuinely appreciate your feedback. I do apologize for the issues in your room and have discussed with our maintenance department. These issues just should not be. I also apologize for breakfast as we normally have items such as the ones you mentioned however must have been low. I will address this as well. I sincerely appreciate the kind words as well and wish you all the best.

Been to Outer Banks Inn? Share your experiences!