“Great value and clean for a quick trip to obx!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Outer Banks Inn to your Saves list
Outer Banks Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1003 S Croatan Hwy, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
“Great value and clean for a quick trip to obx!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We love it there! Clean rooms, with frig and microwave. Small pool but never busy for a swim after a day at the beach. Everyone is friendly and rooms are clean. Great value even during season. Breakfast included. Small but very nice.

• Stayed June 2013
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hurry back!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just a really great place to stay, staff very helpful and the Inn is very close to beach. The Inn gave shuttles to and from the beach. Good location to see Wright Brothers Memorial, Horses at Corolla, Jocky's Ridge, and Lost Colony.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Nancy thank you so much for the kind words and sharing the picture. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you return soon.
Richmond, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Nice little hotel a couple of blocks from the beach. Cannot say enough about the customer service. Young lady at the front desk (think it was Katie), was very pleasant and helpful. Room was more than adequate for the price, but the staff makes this a top notch place to visit. Golf cart rides to the beach are great when you have small kids, even though it is only two blocks away.
Highly recommend this great little place if you are on budget or just don't want to waste money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
The beach shuttle was certainly a great idea during our remodel last year. I am elated to hear your comments regarding our staff. We hope you are able to return soon.
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here week of June 16 with family group. traveling with 3 small children and family member recovering from recent back surgery and management staff was above accommodating. arrived early morning after 12 hour drive and staff immediately took our luggage and allowed us use of pool or a ride on their shuttle to beach. arranged early check-in and were always cheerful and helpful from check-in and beyond. only drawback would be no elevator for a three floor unit but in every other way they try to make up for it. would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone in this area. special thanks to day manager, cleaning staff 3rd floor and Katie front desk, you made our short beach stay very much enjoyable. great value, clean, close to beach and wonderful staff

• Stayed June 2013
I truly appreciate your kind words. I will certainly commend the staff. I say it often, I am truly blessed with a wonderful group of people. I hope you are able to return soon.
Annville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Excellent customer service! Everyone was very accommodating, friendly and helpful, especially Emily at the front desk (I believe that was her name). Centrally located, very clean and great pool, within walking distance to the beach. Emily helped us with picking restaurants and even checked the weather for us without us even asking! Couldn't have asked for a nicer staff or more pleasant stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will certainly share with the staff. I am very blessed with caring people who enjoy what they do. We hope to see you again soon.
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm business traveler staying away from home 100 nights a year. My travels take me all around the world. During this trip I was scheduled to drive to Cary, NC which is 3 hour drive from the Outer Banks.

I had worked extra hard this week and decided to stay the weekend and enjoy the cape. For some reason I guess it was the last week for school kids but even at 4pm several of the hotels where booked up. I was calling driving in and nothing.

I just took a shot and stopped in the Outer Banks Inn because it looked inviting from the road. Upon closer inspection and as I walked up to front office it just had a clean welcoming feel.

When I went in the office the staff was busy but let me know they would be right with me. The manager Katie was training a new staff member and helping customers at the same time, she’s seemed very effective and smooth at her job.

Once she got to me she made every effort to inform me of what was in the area to do and places to eat that were reasonable priced.

Seeing that I was really beat I just wanted to get to my room and relax. I finished my check in which was a quick process and went to my room. The hallways and stair cases were clean and when I got to room the door card
worked the first time out, something that doesn’t always happen in hotels around world. Once I entered my room I was pleasantly surprised, the room and bathroom was very clean and inviting.

I crashed in the bed for a bit and then went to the Kills Devil Grill which was the recommended place to eat from Katie. The place was pretty crowded however I just eat at the bar, the food was very good priced just right. The staff seamed to have good handle on dealing the crowd of people.

After eating I went for a stroll on the beach then back to the hotel I really lucked out because the place was sold out. During the night there where a few young kids funnying it up but they where very respectful of others and what do you expect at the Outer Banks on the Friday night first weekend off from school. The hotel seems to draw a middle to upper middle class clientele.

I had very good night sleep and had a free breakfast the next morning, it was nothing to brag about everything was fresh; I went back to room showers up and check out.

If I were to rate this hotel I would give it a 9 and the staff a 10, I would feel very comfortable bringing my family here and would highly recommend it to anybody.

See Katie she’s great at what she does and knows the area well. Additionally I would say she loves her job and it shows!

Outer Bank Inn, great 5 star job….

Hank Hayes
www.nolieblades.com

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Hank I remember speaking with you at checkout briefly. I appreciate all the kind words and the specifics regarding Katie. She is very passionate and I am blessed to have a staff that cares. Feedback like this is certainly encouraging and we hope you are able to vacation with us and bring the family.
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here for a week and chose this hotel because I was traveling to work and they had all the amenities I needed at a very affordable price at a very central location. The office staff are the most helpful, friendly customer service ladies I have ever dealt with. Emily, Katie, and Gail are all 3 exceptional associates of this wonderful hotel. I had to make a couple changes to my reservation on separate occasions and by the time I checked in everyone knew who I was on a first name basis. I did have some defects with my room but it was handled and a few different people on staff made it their personal priority to resolve the issues. I will definitely recommend that all of my family and friends check out this hotel first and foremost prior to looking into staying anywhere else. The only thing wish they had that I needed was an iron and ironing board in my room. However, had I asked, I am certain they would have found one for me to use.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Christy - I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I can't say enough about the staff and how hard they work on a continual basis. We certainly hope you are able to come see us again real soon.

Been to Outer Banks Inn? Share your experiences!