“Best Crab cake and crab soup!” 5 of 5 stars

MP 5.5 on the Bypass, Kill Devil Hills, NC
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Crab cake and crab soup!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Best Crab soup I've ever had! Waitress and staff were welcoming and the food was amazing! So glad we stopped. Will be back again next summer!

“A place that feels like home.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I needed to find a sports bar nearby to watch the super regionals baseball game. Chili Peppers was very close so we called and they assured us they would have our game on one of the televisions. We were surprised to find a quaint, laid back, local hangout. The staff was hugely accommodating and the service was attentive. We only planned to have a few drinks, but ended up getting the fish bites appetizer which we all enjoyed. My Key Lime margarita was excellent! The bottled beer was reasonably priced and cold, but my friend said the draft was warm. The back patio and yard was cool and inviting with corn hole games and picnic tables. The bartender was personable and efficient. We vowed to return! We came back a couple of nights later and had dinner. The menu is varied and interesting. Nothing fancy, but well prepared. Everyone at our tabled enjoyed their food. We will be back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Upstate NY
“Nothing fancy but terrifically good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Don't agree with 1&2 star reviews who seem to miss a former restaurant on this site. After my 3rd visit to this restaurant, we have to say we find this place on par with Kill Devil Grille & even Outer Banks Brewery, the food is THAT good, though admittedly the decor could use a bit of update. The menu is wonderfully eclectic, from fresh fish, stir fry and steak, and nacho that maje a meal. Portions are sized for take home and the staff is exceptional. Make sure to take in hamburger night!! Not fancy but terrifically good.

Visited April 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice atmosphere but a bit pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The atmosphere here is great...mexi-cali meets the NC coast with some reggae thrown in :) The beer was ice cold-big plus! We had Stumpy Point oysters and fried shrimp and scallops. I was excited about the oysters but let down when I tasted them. The shrimp and scallops were good and so was the coleslaw. The price was more than I expected but maybe that's just the going rate for the OBX??

Visited December 2013
Larksville, Pennsylvania, United States
“very underrated deserves way better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

stopped here on a spur of the moment - caught it out of the side of the eye - hard to find a place to handle 9 without an hour or two wait at 7:30 PM.
Was very surprised at the roominess once inside the dinning room they had no touble fitting us. Waitstaff was great, Marie was great, all orders came out the way they were ordered and our selections were all over the menue from kids meals, to wings, to fish and chips.Would I recommend this to others? Yes I would! Service was good and the food was good; oh and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

• Visited August 2013