Let's start with the positives. The hotel has great beach access, a quaint facade and lobby, and is relatively low priced. In addition, the staff seem to work hard and appear to be doing the best they can. There's a chance we would return. However, we would not stay in room 211 again. Because of the odd architecture of the facility, room 211 is an afterthought structurally. The bathroom, which we took to calling "the closet," was tiny. The shower enclosure (no tub) was just barely large enough to turn around in (barely). And that's not hyperbole. The plumbing fixtures were actually loose in the walls. The toilet never did work properly. We expected the dank smell throughout because, after all, it is a beach motel, but the room was far below expectations. We suspected that, perhaps 211 and similar room designs are saved for those of us who got low rates through third party websites. But that's speculation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nominated in 2009 by Days Inn as 1 of their 10 Finalists for Best Property of the Year (for a hotel with 75 rooms or less). Oceanfront property with expanded complimentary continental breakfast including waffles, cereals, fruit, yogurt & more. All rooms and suites are smoke free. Afternoon refreshments served from 4-6 pm. Microwave/refrig, coffeemaker, & hi speed wireless internet available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Oceanfront Wright Brothers Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur Outer Banks, NC
- Kill Devil Hills Days Inn