“Excellent staff!! Great ice cream too!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
“Excellent staff!! Great ice cream too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but this place deserves it. The staff here was excellent to us when we stopped in for some ice cream. This place serves great hand-dipped ice creams. When I walked in, I informed them that my son has a peanut allergy. At first the guy behind the counter seemed unsure of what to do (I think he was new), but a female employee (who I think was the manager) heard what I said, and jumped in to explain to him what to do and why. Some places we have gone like this, the employees have seemed a little put-off with having to deal with a food allergy, and the special steps that they have to do to accomodate them, BUT NOT THIS PLACE!! Thanks for a great first impression! We will be back!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

raleigh
“A Smoothie addict now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was just across from where we stayed, so we walked over with our dog to order ice cream. Some of us got ice cream, some got smoothies -- everyone was satisfied and wanted to go back. So we did every day!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Fun flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Flavors change by the day so you can stop by all week for various flavors. The waffle cones are quite large and yummy. My teens like the shakes and smoothies.

Midland
“Our favorite pizza place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have been going to American Pie since 2007 and are never disappointed. Pizza is always good and their subs are not bad. Price is a little high but show me a restaurant in OBX that isn't a little over priced. Call ahead and place a pick up order-that is the fastest way to go. You can also find coupons in the visitor guides and things to do books that are everywhere in OBX.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great ice cream but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I love good old fashioned ice cream & this really hit the spot. The service wasn't perfect but it was clearly just a few kids working there for the summer. Mint chocolate chip is their best flavor by far.

• Visited July 2013