“Maybe 3 1/2 to 4 stars” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront

You added Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1701 South Virginia Dare Trail, P.O. Box 2716, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I had an enjoyable long weekend at this hotel. All of the staff were friendly and helpful, the room was nicely furnished and well-cleaned. The decking and beach access are amazing; I've never seen a hotel with such extensive decks and gazebos. The hammock swings are a really nice inclusion! The pool area is also very nice.

My only complaints are, firstly, that the walls are VERY thin; engines outside in the parking lot sounded like they were right outside our window (2nd storey), and any people talking in the hallways sounded as though they were walking through our door. It was sometimes difficult to sleep with the noise outside and from other guests who were out later than we were.

Secondly, I wasn't terribly happy with how early the housekeeping staff came through to do their cleaning. We could hear them (through thin walls) knocking on doors to announce themselves as early as 8:30 AM... That seems unusually early to me, considering that this is a vacation destination. Personally, I am an early riser, but not everyone is. Though the housekeeping staff was very friendly and did a great job, I still felt a bit rushed to vacate our room pretty early so that it could be cleaned. It's a minor complaint, but it did detract from the experience a bit.

Our overall experience at this hotel was pretty great. The decking and beach access alone made it perfect for the beachy getaway that we wanted.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for not only a wonderful endorsement but also a great description of our amazing and extensive outdoor areas including the decks, beach access, gazebos, hammocks and pool area! We appreciate your feedback regarding the noise level and we do face that challenge especially at busier times, and also your feedback regarding the timing of housekeeping. We are very pleased that your stay overall was great and what we have to offer made us perfect for your weekend getaway! Please come back to stay with us and keep up with us at Facebook.com/RamadaPlazaNagsHeadOceanfront
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was an okay hotel in a great location with great views and beach access. However, our room was plagued with electrical problems. The first night the light on the wall between our beds kept flickering on and off. We were told to reset the outlet it was in. When we tried to, the headboard on the bed, which had sagged and was resting on the plug, came crashing down. The next day, the handyman put the headboard back up and said nothing was wrong with the outlet. That night, I had trouble sleeping and was up reading. I noticed our wall air condtioner was completely dead. That was rather disconcerting, and I didn't get to sleep 'til 5 am. The next day after reporting the dead a/c, the same handyman came back. He discovered that the air conditioner came on and off depending on which way you moved the plug and outlet supplying the air conditioner. His solution to keep the air conditioner running was to stabilize the plug and outlet by sitting it on a block of wood and jamming the wood, outlet, and plug under the air conditioner. That certainly kept it from moving, but when I tried to sleep that night, the idea of this electrical jerryrigging began to haunt me, and again I couldn't sleep. I got up and down so much that my husband also could not sleep. When we turned the light on between our beds, we noticed that it was again flickering. I unplugged it and when I plugged it back in, I heard the outlet crackle. When I jiggled the plug in the outlet, the light flickered on and off. My husband and I then called around and found another hotel for the next night, as we felt that we had pushed our luck far enough with an electrical incident every day for three days. The next day, I once again reported the crackling electrical outlet to the day manager, and she said that the maintenance men had looked at it and it was okay. This hotel is old, and I daresay needs to be rewired, but noone seems to be noticing. We are now very relieved to be in a much newer, safer hotel.

Room Tip: Wait to stay in this hotel until they rewire it.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Our sincere apologies that you were not able to enjoy your time spent here on Nags Head Beach with us. Thank you for letting us know what transpired with the issues you were having in your room and the unsatisfactory response you received. We will speak with our management and maintenance staff to see what transpired while you were here, and to get any and all maintenance issues resolved. Again, we appreciate the insight and will look into this immediately!
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Great deL online but as you know online does not tell you everything. I was impressed by the professional mannerisms of the staff, very pleasant, and offered alot of information. Staff was very quick to accommodate, then I asked details of my stay/bill which they explained in detail. My room was clean, my extra bed arrived shortly after my request. The room service was excellent and not outrageously priced, love my stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your perfect score! We could not be more pleased that we exceeded expectations and that you were very impressed. Our staff members are passionate about creating a delightful experience so we will be sure to share your comments with them.
We hope you come back to see us soon, and keep up with us until then at Facebook.com/RamadaPlazaNagsHeadOceanfront
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had a fantastic stay at the Ramada. The weather was perfect, the staff very helpful and pleasant. We had a miss hap with a cooler that leaked in our room and the housekeeping staff were right there to help with the situation. rooms were clean and comfortable.

Pool was a bit over chlorinated once but other than that no negative comments.

Tami in Peppercorn's Restaurant was fabulous, loved her great attitude and the wonderful fresh food.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an ocean front room away from the elevators
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Your perfect score is truly appreciated! We do try to think of everything that might make our guests happy, and are delighted to hear that the weather cooperated too! We pride ourselves on our exceptional service so the feedback will be passed on to our housekeeping staff and to Tami in Peppercorn’s. Feel free to share some photos of your fantastic girls weekend when you get a chance, and keep up with us at: Facebook.com/RamadaPlazaNagsHeadOceanfront
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Got a great off-season deal for a long weekend in March. Fantastic value - I didn't spend the money for an ocean-view room so I had a parking-lot view room which was fine for my needs. Large room - with a mini bar type fridge/microwave/cabinet for leftovers/condiments, etc. I thought it would be good for coming back from the beach for lunch if I were staying in the summer. Indoor pool, bird in the lobby, very friendly staff...long walk from lobby to my room but that's just the luck of the draw I guess. Indoor pool and hot tub with nice sky lights...quite a few families were there when I was. Full restaurant off the lobby with ocean views...I only had breakfast but it was good - they forgot one element of my meal and went overboard to correct it - removed the item from my bill and apologized profusely. The front desk called me a local cab service to take me to and from a restaurant one evening which was over and above my expectation of just giving me a phone number to call myself. Parking was good for off-season but unless they have overflow parking somewhere else I bet it might get crowded in the summer. Room/hall noise was a bit of an issue - I had some very loud "neighbors." I would definitely stay here again...maybe even splurge for the ocean view.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the thoughtfulness of your review! We really appreciate you sharing the details of your enjoyable experience with others so that they may be inspired to stay with us and enjoy the same! We are happy to offer a fantastic value, with large rooms, a lovely pool area, and a friendly staff devoted to making your visit as pleasant as possible. And how could you not like the ocean views from our restaurant. We are sorry to hear that your peace was disturbed by loud neighbors. We look forward to when you come back to stay with us again and, in the meantime, you can keep up with us at Facebook.com/RamadaPlazaNagsHeadOceanfront

Been to Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront? Share your experiences!