I chose the Ramada Nags Head mainly because of it's central location and it's competitive price.
As many of the properties in the OBX, it is an older building. Upon entering the lobby, I was greeted by a pleasant young woman. She promptly checked us into room 320--OceanView, King. The lobby was decorated nicely and behind checkin was a business area and coffee.
Our room was actually just as the website's pictures showed. Nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. The sofa appeared fairly new, furniture in good repair. I was pleased to have a microwave and mini refrigerator. The was a coffee maker as well, stocked with coffee, creamer, sweeteners and tea bags. The was an air-conditioning/heat unit which was not too noisy. There was a large picture window with a door to our balcony and two chairs. The view was of the ocean--nice, but we could not see the beach. The bed was pretty comfortable--say a 7/10--for me. Pillows were good. Bed covers were perfect for my warmth. Nice new flat screen TV with a lot of channels. bathroom a little small, but clean, plenty of towels and a hairdryer.--give the room a 7-8/ 10.
We ate at Peppercorns ( the house restaurant ) that evening. My husband had Mahi-mahi and shrimp broiled and I had scallops and shrimp grilled. My husband LOVED his food. My shrimp was good and the scallops were a little undercooked. The grilled vegetables and rice were delicious! The waiter was great, very friendly and very attentive. The next evening, we came back for karaoke and that was lots of fun!
Check-out was a breeze as we had received our bill under our door.
I would definitely return to this Ramada Inn! What a great trip! Thanks to the nice staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach is a great place to relax and unwind while on your coastal vacation. This Ramada property is located directly on the beach! Centrally located (mile post 9 1/2) to shopping, historical sites, and sporting activities, our oceanfront hotel provides convenience to area attractions. Visit the Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens, Kitty Hawk, four area lighthouses, Roanoke Island Festival Park, or the Wright Brothers Memorial-site of man's first flight. Restaurant and Lounge and seasonal outdoor deck bar on property. Business center, free guest laundry and free access to local YMCA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Ramada
- Ramada Kill Devil Hills
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills