I booked a room through Priceline ($160), and opted for "no view" so I expected a windowless interior room. Much to my delight, we had a balcony that overlooked NC 12. Even though the view was of the highway, it's nice to have some space outside. We stayed here on the 4th of July & were able to see the fireworks from the back deck of the hotel. The location in relation to the beach is great, there is a long boardwalk with many chairs & gazebos that take you right out to the beach. The hotel even offers beach chairs & umbrellas to use if you don't have any. The signs say you have to rent them, but they are just in a pile on the beach, and I think people were just using them. We were going to use the indoor pool, but it was very hot in there - possibly because the hot tub is in the same room. Also the water was a bit cloudy, probably because of excessive chlorine.
No complaints regarding the room, really great size, comfortable bed & excellent adjustable shower head. Staff was pleasant checking in & out - very convenient location. I would not stay here for a week long vacation - it would be far too expensive. You're better off renting a vacation home from one of the many realtors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach is a great place to relax and unwind while on your coastal vacation. This Ramada property is located directly on the beach! Centrally located (mile post 9 1/2) to shopping, historical sites, and sporting activities, our oceanfront hotel provides convenience to area attractions. Visit the Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens, Kitty Hawk, four area lighthouses, Roanoke Island Festival Park, or the Wright Brothers Memorial-site of man's first flight. Restaurant and Lounge and seasonal outdoor deck bar on property. Business center, free guest laundry and free access to local YMCA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Tingo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Ramada
- Ramada Kill Devil Hills
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills