I recently stayed at this hotel, and my fiance' and I were in for a treat! The front desk staff was so rude to guests over the phone and in person. While we were checking in the phone rang and the gentleman assisting us stated to us, "people keep freaking calling" There was another lady working behind the counter who agreed with him and they continued to hold a conversation bashing guests, and other colleagues that for one reason or another decided not to show up at work in front of us like we were not there. There were about 8 guests in line waiting to be checked in; as we all looked around at each other in confusion at this bizarre act. We wanted to ask questions about the area and local dining but decided we didn't want what the last guests got. This property is oceanfront so I guess along with updating the property they also don't feel the need to provide customer service. I rated the property average because it is oceanfront, but if it were not the ownership group would be better off to burn it down and collect the insurance check. One other issue I had with the property was the breakfast. We decided to eat breakfast at the hotel. For about $14 dollars a person we dined on processed bacon that our waitress advised us they cooked enough for the entire day at about 5:30am (by now it's 10:30am) So I traded the bacon out for sausage, and it was worse! Never have I ever tasted such poor quality of food in my life. The sausage was nothing more than a sleeve of fat minus the meat. What an experience that was, it felt more like we were inside the set of a comedy movie. I mean really, who does this?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach is a great place to relax and unwind while on your coastal vacation. This Ramada property is located directly on the beach! Centrally located (mile post 9 1/2) to shopping, historical sites, and sporting activities, our oceanfront hotel provides convenience to area attractions. Visit the Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens, Kitty Hawk, four area lighthouses, Roanoke Island Festival Park, or the Wright Brothers Memorial-site of man's first flight. Restaurant and Lounge and seasonal outdoor deck bar on property. Business center, free guest laundry and free access to local YMCA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Ramada
- Ramada Kill Devil Hills
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills