“Great room, great staff and great view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront

You added Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1701 South Virginia Dare Trail, P.O. Box 2716, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Virginia
“Great room, great staff and great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I had a very enjoyable experience. The room was very clean, the view of the ocean from the 5th floor was beautiful, the staff was very friendly. I plan on returning very soon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
We are ecstatic that you chose our hotel while in OBX and that you had a wonderful time. Be sure to follow us on Facebook to keep in touch and see all that is happening in the area. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Boykins, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

it is a very nice place
would go back any time we went on my birthday and they had set ballon up for me have a nice place to sit and watch water peceful and beautiful

Room Tip: just ask or let them know
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
We're glad you enjoyed your time with us & were happy to help make your birthday a little more special. We hope to see you back again soon and please don’t wait another year before seeing us! Also…become a fan on Facebook and keep in touch! (Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach)
Surprise, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

The room was expensive. I know it was a holiday weekend...but still!! The room was dirty. We had to call to have it cleaned before we unpacked. The waitress in the cafe was sweating profusely. Her T shirt was wet and her face was dripping. Did some get in our food? I wonder!! On the last night I got at least 30 bug (spider?) bites while I slept. They still haven't healed. I told the front desk about it when we checked and I got some lame excuse about the bugs coming in because of the forest fires, and that was it!! Only if I would have to sleep on the street will I ever stay in a Ramada in again!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thank you for offering your comments about your stay with us, however we're dissapointed that the memories you'll have are less than great. Rest assure we take action and research all of your comments to be sure it won't happen again.
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

My first visit to this hotel was a TOTAL DISASTER, see my last post entitled, Lousy Hotel. After making this post, the management from this hotel posted back, apologizing and asking that we try it again. I was EXTREMELY cautious of going back! Long story short, when I called to make a reservation, I asked for someone from management and I was given the hotel manager, who said that we'd been sent a complimentary two night stay gift certificate but it had been returned due to a bad address. I was SHOCKED, let's face it, most companies today do NOT value their customers enough to do something like this. We went back, AFTER peak season, so while it was less crowded, it was MUCH better than our first visit. The hotel still had the same issues, older, noisy, BUT, they took care to put us in a room away from the elevator bank and since I'd been there before, my expectations were a little lower. Our trip was enjoyable!!

The management of this hotel went above and beyond to make the awful first trip we had there right.

I would return to this hotel, without the comped stay, I'd just do it outside of the "peak" beach season, provided I could get a room away from the elevators.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Thanks again for letting us know about your visit and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself. There are certainly fluctuations in the number of guests that stay with us and it is typically based on seasonality and weather. Please let us know when you are returning and we’ll be sure to again arrange for the room location you prefer!
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Check-in was a breeze. Everyone was extremely friendly. My room, ocean view, was very clean and in good condition. Great view from the balcony, which was also very clean. The restaurant, Peppercorn's, has great food and a pretty good lounge. All in all, a very relaxing and enjoyable experience. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
KittyHawktraveler, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Dear TravelinHokieFan,

Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at our property. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our team members. i will also make sure to let our restaurant staff know about your comments. Peppercorns is one of the few oceanview dining establishments left in the Outer Banks open all year round and we are glad you enjoyed it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach in not too distant future.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Our room was filthy. It had not been vacuumed, the glass tops were sticky with something that had not been wiped off and obviously had not had a deep cleaning in some time. What is it with hotels that they will not edge around the carpet from time to time? This room was white around the edges and when I moved furniture there was a layer of dirt and dust. I even found clothing left behind from the previous guest. I called the desk and they sent housekeeping immediately. They agreed the room was unacceptable but there was nowhere else to put us. Also, we were told we would be in a rennovated room and when I complained that we were not the employee at the front desk kept stating that we were indeed in a rennovated room. Once I cleaned the room it was comfortable enough to stay in. We were so disappointed though. The hotel did try to make it right. Housekeeping responded right away, they notifed the front desk and hefty discount was waiting for us when we checked out. The night management was awful (insisting we were in a rennovated room) but the day shift management came through. The location is excellent and had the room been accepted we would have loved it. We plan to try again when the rooms really are rennovated and ready. Maybe then we can check that we would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
KittyHawktraveler, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Dear Beechmeezer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property. I am sorry you ran into someone who proved to be unhelpful at the front desk. I can assure you that is not the standard at our hotel. Since your stay, we have been working on the issues you mentioned including finishing up renovations on our ground floor rooms.

We would love the opportunity to have you as our guest once again, please think about giving us another try on your next visit to the Outer Banks.

Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011 via mobile

The restaurant, Peppercorns, has a great view. The hotel's beach is the best in the area!

• Stayed December 2010

Been to Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront? Share your experiences!