“Great little hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of John Yancey Oceanfront Inn

You added John Yancey Oceanfront Inn to your Saves list
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2009 S Virginia Dare Trail, MP 10, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948   |
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
“Great little hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2006

We stayed at the John Yancy over the Easter weekend. The room was clean and adequate. The microwave and refrigerator in the room were a plus. The parking lot was packed but when we sat out on the balcony it was very quiet and seemed like we were the only people there.

The pool was very nice and clean and we enjoyed meeting people from other parts of the country.

I have stayed in four and five diamond hotels and this hotel is a AAA 2 diamond rated hotel and doesn't pretend to be anything else so don't expect more - but if you want a hotel room at a reasonable price by the ocean and in a great location this is a nice place to stay.

I left my wallet behind and the staff found it and kept it for me - very nice, friendly, honest people.

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2006

great time here at this property. Staff very helpful room clean and well kept. My wife and I really enjoyed the quick ocean access and the staff is very knowlegable about surrounding area. Rate was great too compared to what other properties were charging. WE WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed May 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2006

My wife and I have been staying at the John Yancey since our honeymoon March 1972 and I have been staying there since the mid to late 1960's. We went there for our 34th. anniversary and when we went to bed and I flipped the sheets over me they were full of sand. Now this is in the late winter so there was not a lot of beaching going on. We got into the other bed to sleep. As soon as we went to sleep the people in the next room were, banging, yelling, partying, etc. after about 1:30 AM my wife called and asked the front desk to handle it, it stopped about 10 minutes and they were back at it. Next morining at 8:30 I complained about the cleanliness and asked for the house keeper to clean our room, we returned at 1:30 PM and I made another complaint, we returned at 3:30 PM and I complained again, we returned at 5:00 PM still no cleaning done. It was 5:45 before the room was cleaned. I had to repair a light, replace a ceiling light cover, etc. Still I was not offered any refund or an apology. We will not be visiting them again, they have lost a 40 year customer! Mike

• Stayed March 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2006

By far, the worst excuse for a hotel I have ever seen! A few friends and I stayed at the Quality Inn John Yancey for a weekend trip. We were disgusted when we walked in the room. There was a huge red juice stain on the mattress, not to mention hundreds of ants crawling all over the stain! The bathroom sink and shower liner had mold growing on it. Stains covered the carpet in all areas. The pool was GREEN! It smelled terribly of chlorine. It truly looked like it had not been maintained in days...weeks? It was so gross my friends and I truly couldn't stand to put our feet in. The terrible odor coming from the pool was so unbearable, we had to leave. We complained and on our last night they put us in another room that was just as gross as the first! We took several pictures of the room and wrote a letter to Choice Hotel Headquarters. I have never written a letter of complaint in my life -- this was the first one. I truly can not believe they rent rooms out to the public and charge what they do. I hope, since our visit, the hotel has been competely re-done. I highly recommend looking elsewhere..unless of course, you want ants on your mattress?

Stayed August 2003

Been to John Yancey Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about John Yancey Oceanfront Inn

Address: 2009 S Virginia Dare Trail, MP 10, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
#9 On the Beach Hotel in Kill Devil Hills
Hotel Class:2 star — John Yancey Oceanfront Inn 2*
Oceanfront motel in the heart of the Outer Banks, NC. Outdoor pool, dune deck, rooms with balconies, FREE breakfast, FREE Wi-Fi, and more. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your John Yancey Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
John Yancey Oceanfront Hotel Kill Devil Hills
John Yancey Quality Inn
Quality Inn Kill Devil Hills
Kill Devil Hills Quality Inn
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills

If you own or manage John Yancey Oceanfront Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.