Full disclosure: we never stayed at the John Yancey Inn. That said, we did reserve a room and were horribly disappointed with the service we received. After booking our stay, we never received a confirmation email, confirmation number, nothing. Closer to our trip, we decided to stay at another hotel nearby. When I called to cancel the reservation, the clerk (who was very nice) was unable to find our reservation. After several minutes of her looking for it, I offered that we never received a confirmation number, so perhaps the reservation did not go through. She agreed, and that was my understanding when we hung up the phone.
A month later, we were charged the full amount for the hotel room. When I spoke to the manager to explain what happened, she said the original conversation I had was inside the cancellation dates, so there was nothing she could do. When I explained that we did not have any indication that the reservation went through, she emailed a confirmation number from the date I spoke with her (the manager). There was no indication that the confirmation number had been emailed previously. I had never seen it before.
I believe their practices border on criminal and will not consider staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront motel in the heart of the Outer Banks, NC. Outdoor pool, dune deck, rooms with balconies, FREE breakfast, FREE Wi-Fi, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your John Yancey Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Yancey Oceanfront Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- John Yancey Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Quality Inn
- John Yancey Oceanfront Inn Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills