“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kernersville
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

In November we drove to Kernersville, North Carolina from Illinois for a funeral. Very nice accommodations. Staff was very pleasant. Parking could be challenging at times, but otherwise very nice. Close to gas, and restaurants. Very quaint little town to visit and hope to return someday.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Vincennes, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Location is right next to the off ramp of the highway. The location is showing its age and the rooms could sure use some updating. Has the "old" feel to it instead of more of the modern feel most Holiday Inn Express have. For the price I couldn't complain I guess.

The TV remote would not change the channel (would turn it on/off and control volume). Went to front desk, they gave me another one that still did not work. Returned to the desk again, the clerk was very apologetic and went to another room and got a 3rd remote....it still didn't work. She told me that her manager was still there and would talk to her and get back with me in a few minutes. Never did hear from her again. About an hour and half later my son said something to her as he was going to the car for something and she then asked if we wanted to move to another room. At this point I was settled in the room and did not want to go through the hassle of packing up to move so lived with it. When I tried to plug my computer into the electrical outlet by the bed the cord fell out of both sockets and was arching due to the plug being worn out.

This location could use some serious updating.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway exit ramp.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kernersville, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Indy_Fan_Man,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for reviewing our property. I appreciate you choosing us for your lodging needs. However, we did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the condition of the hotel and the in- room amenities may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. We would love for you to give us another try.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Haw River, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Stayed here on business for 4 days. At check in it went ok but was not informed about breakfast times etc or any other amenities, petty but still it would be nice since I was a first time guest. Noticed a lot a tailgating from some construction crews in the rear lot late at night. Whoever was on the second floor above was doing a lot running and stomping late at night too. Told the front desk but it took another call or two before it stopped. The bright spot was the rooms were clean and fresh. The breakfast bar each morning was good and the attendant Ms.Mary, was hilarious and funny. She was awesome and really cared about her guests. I will be returning next month on business again, hopefully things will a little quieter inside and out.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
hiekernersville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kernersville, responded to this review, November 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad that you let me know of the great service provided to you. I am glad to hear that they are truly taking care of our guests. We do strive to provide exceptional accommodations to all who choose to stay with us. I am sorry your overall impression fell short of your expectations. This is not the typical experience received by our patrons and I extend my most sincere apology to you. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps us to better serve our guests in the future. We look forward to seeing you next month!!
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel with some friends of ours before we headed to the NASCAR race in Martinsville, VA the next day. Check in was quick and easy and they gave us a recommendation for dinner (OutWest Steakhouse), which was a very good choice. Our room was clean overall. There were a few spots on one of the sheets, but I didn't think it was a big deal since the rest of the room was very clean and I knew they weren't blood or anything like that from my experience working in the hotel industry. We had some noisy people across the hall from us that were also smoking in the hotel, but the front desk staff handled the situation very well when we reported it in the morning. Breakfast was good and well stocked. Overall, I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There is only one elevator and it is at the front of the hotel. It didn't bother me, but others...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Warrenton, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed a week first time in Kernersville had a nice stay.The staff was always pleasant
and ready to assist you in anything that you needed. The rooms was always clean.I would like to give Mrs.Mary a shout out for being one the nicest person that I have meet the breakfast was always hot an good she had good conversation every morning love Mrs. Mary keep up the good work

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

We stayed here while painting our house. The location is between Bus 40 and I 40 off of route 66. The hotel isn't very big, only two stories. The parking lot is small and in a strange layout. There is only one way in and one way out so if you pass the only available space you'll need to either back up or circle all the way around again. There is only one elevator at the very front of the building so if you have a lot of luggage I would suggest requesting a room near the entrance or near the elevator. We stayed in a room with two doubles and again there was a bit of a strange layout. As soon as we walked in the room we found the sink/mirror/hairdryer to our immediate right as we entered. The toilet/shower was behind a closed door to the left and the rest of the room was laid out as usual. The room itself was clean and comfortable with excellent mattresses and linens. There was a large mini fridge and a nice sized flat screen TV. The thing about the sink that bugged me was one night I stepped out to get a soda from the vending machine while my friend stood at the sink brushing her teeth in her night gown. Thankfully no one was passing by but had there been they would have seen more than she would have liked. Unfortunately we overslept the breakfast everyone else seems to be raving about. One other thing was that while they do have free WiFi they didn't give us the code automatically upon check in and so I had to call the desk to get the code. Not only that but the code changes each day so we had to call back to get the new code. Overall I would say this is a very clean, comfortable hotel and would recommend it for a short stay.

Room Tip: Ask to be near the entrance or elevator if you have lots of luggage as there is only one elevator.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
hiekernersville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kernersville, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that your overall experience at the hotel was comfortable, although a few things fell short of your expectations. We truly appreciate when a guest offers us feedback of their experience, as it provides us insight on our performance, and gives us the opportunity to make the necessary adjustments where needed for improvement. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps us to better serve our guests in the future.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

One of the best if not the best breakfasts in a hotel ever. Everything you could want. And spotless. What a wonderful lady and so helpful and full of joy. If you are traveling her way she (Ms. Mary) is worth talking to and she will make your day, Thank You so Much Ms. Mary. We really enjoyed talking with you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kernersville? Share your experiences!